Need help with your SBI! or SBI! for WP site? Showing it off? Want someone's opinion about the design, layout, social side, or a specific page?

Need a fresh eye? This is the place! And remember... pay it forward. C'mon back and help someone who asks for the same. Help and be helped.

We recommended that you ask for a full site review once you have 10 pages (including a couple Tier 3s).[/blockquote]

Moderator: Maria from Agness

#520767 by Avery from Pence Springs
Wed Oct 22, 2008 7:35 pm
Tell me what you think and why I am not getting more traffic!
I'm only getting 4 visitors a day this month. I have 49 pages on my site.
I have been a part of SBI for 6 months. I have worked with my coach on correcting my grammatical and organization mistakes. This stuff is truly FRUSTRATING!
Avery

#520816 by Vicki from Lilbourn
Wed Oct 22, 2008 9:17 pm
Hi-

I took a quick look at a couple of your pages- when you are not getting the traffic you should, it has more to do with the search engines than the visitor's experience.
I did not look at the numbers for your keywords, but I think you have a couple of ways you can improve things:

1 Some of the words you put in your keywords boxes are not actually on your pages. Analyze It only checks the first one out- you have to make sure that they are on your page exactly the way you entered them in the keywords box. For instance:

homepage- you list "travel lifestyle" but I didn't see that exact two word combo

online travel agent page- you list "work at home", but the phrase you actually use is "work from home"

travel agent benefits page- you list "fam trips", but the phrase you use is "familiarity trips"

2 I think you should put more keyword phrases in your keywords boxes- you're allowed 5, so I would take advantage of that.

#520817 by Ed from Marydel
Wed Oct 22, 2008 9:20 pm
Hi Avery,

I was looking for a good "work at home travel agency site" to find out about it during the summer, pre-discovering SBI! I would have made it my project had I discovered your site; how ironic...

The site is excellent and there's vast amounts of content. I Googled become a travel agent (your home page headline) & searched for 7 pages and your site didn't show up. However, it's first for "become a travel agent 2020" but I'm not sure that's what the average search consists of. Frustrating thing is your site's leaps and bounds ahead other competing sites I've visited!

Essentially, it's an incredibly busy search term. Are you listed on any directories? Could you publish an e-Book? Could look to get affiliate traffic with franchises from major companies such as Thomas Cook?
#520931 by Avery from Pence Springs
Thu Oct 23, 2008 2:31 am
Edward and Vicki for your responses!
I'm not sure which way I'm going to go!
I've tried a few different ways and I'm looking to pay to join a directory.
It's frustrating because I put so much time and money with my coach and created a new L&F.
There is still something wrong.
AMAZING!!!

#520960 by Maggie from Manor
Thu Oct 23, 2008 4:31 am
I think your site is still very young and you are getting over worried about it. Most people have jumps in traffic after a YEAR! Your site is still brand-spanking-new!
The last success story I read was where a lady had 300 pages after a year and was making 600$/month.
Keep up the strong solid work and it will pay off!!!

(I've actually been around even though it looks like I just rejoined, this is my second site. I'm not a total newbie!)
#521035 by Avery from Pence Springs
Thu Oct 23, 2008 11:29 am
for your great encouragement!!!
Good Luck to you with your site!!
Avery