What knowledge, expertise, passion, hobby, or interest do you have? Which is best for your site? How do you position it to be "uniquely you"? Is your Niche too broad or too narrow? Too broad will stretch a solopreneur's available time beyond its limits. Too narrow may limit income potential. Get help to find the right niche for you!

Moderator: Carol from East Anglia

#1365066 by Alonze from Fairview
Wed Feb 15, 2017 1:25 am
The numbers for my niche is not even within what is recommended. I thought of writing about the island where I came from which mostly diving tourist location. The VD is 14,638 and RS 375,855 and the rest are less than 1,000 demand and 3,000 supply. Now I'm doubting on picking this niche. Is there something that I could do or maybe I am not doing it right? Thank you in advance.
#1365068 by Dee from Cape Cod
Wed Feb 15, 2017 2:28 am
Hi Alonze -

Is your island a seasonal tourism destination? If so, in what months do most visitors come to your island?

Dee
#1365148 by Alonze from Fairview
Thu Feb 16, 2017 1:58 am
Hi Dee. It is not seasonal but mostly the tourist visiting the island are divers. According to 2015 tourism statistics it shows that there were 160,370 tourist visited in 2015. 86,850 from China, 30,635 from Japan, 14,013 from Taiwan, 12,238 from Korea, 8,582 from USA/Canada and the rest are other neighboring islands. It showed that Jan, Feb and Aug were the highest about 13k - 14k. The lowest was in May 9k. Hope this answers your questions and thank you for your reply.
#1365149 by Dee from Cape Cod
Thu Feb 16, 2017 2:31 am
Hi Alonze -

The reason I asked about seasonality is because the demand numbers for keywords change all the time. Demand numbers will be especially low if you do your BrainstormIt research during your island's off-season months, because fewer people will be looking for information about traveling to your island in the off-season.

The other thing that strikes me is how much supply there seems to be for relatively little demand. RS of 375,855 with a VD of only 14,638 seems somewhat odd to me.

When was the last time you ran BrainstormIt for your keywords? If it has been some time (more than a month or two) since you last checked the numbers, I'd recommend you do it again to see if there have been any significant changes.

Without knowing what island you're talking about, it's impossible for me to guess what else could possibly be causing so much supply for so little demand (relatively speaking).

Hopefully a few more people will jump in here to help us figure this out!

Dee
#1365150 by Alonze from Fairview
Thu Feb 16, 2017 2:50 am
I'm sorry. It is the island of Palau. I ran the brainstorm it the day that I posted. Not sure if it was two or three days ago. It's the island that I think it has not heard of from many. The Survivor TV show went there twice. I've ran into many people and when I say where I'm from they don't know where in the world. After the Survivor went, some people would say "oh yea, I watched that and what are you doing here in the States. That's what I've always been told. Anyway, I appreciate your help very much.

Thank you,
Alonze
#1365152 by Dee from Cape Cod
Thu Feb 16, 2017 3:30 am
Hi again, Alonze -

Happy to help in any way I can!

Now that I know your island is Palau, I suspect that the numbers are skewed because a lot of information about Palau was created on the web when the island was featured on Survivor back in 2004(?). That old supply might not have gone away ... but the demand for info on Palau has dropped back to more normal levels since the TV show stopped airing from Palau.

Looking at it that way, the numbers make more sense to me. What do you think? Does this make sense to you?

Dee
#1365156 by Alonze from Fairview
Thu Feb 16, 2017 4:29 am
Ok, that made sense. I'll have to move forward with that and see what I will come up with. I've been going over the step 1 and 2 several times and reading any post in the forum that related to any of my questions. I think I'm just stuck on what keywords to use. Thank you again, Dee.

Alonze