What knowledge, expertise, passion, hobby, or interest do you have? Which is best for your Site Concept? How do you position it to be "uniquely you"? Is your Niche too broad or too narrow? Too broad will stretch a solopreneur's available time beyond its limits. Too narrow may limit income potential. Get help to find the right niche for you!

Moderator: Carol from East Anglia

33% OFF The World’s Most Effective Web Business-Builder - Solo Build It!
#1386278 by Anjali from Mukkad
Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:09 am
Hello Everyone,

I am at Day 2 of the SBI Action guide. I am trying to find Niche for the 3 Site Concept. The broad category is "Holiday in India". I am trying niche "Spiritual Tours in India" & "Tiger Safari in India". When i google these niche, i find lots of competition.

Any suggestions how should i proceed ahead to find the right niche.
#1386282 by Cath, SiteSell Content Team
Mon Nov 13, 2017 1:36 pm
Vikrant, there is a (free) webinar which may be able to help you with this. It takes place on Thursday (16 November) and it's by Terri David who is one of our most experienced Professionals.

It's called "So many niches, so little time" and the information and sign-up form is here: http://pros.sitesell.com/Webinars/FreeW ... index.html

I know the time zones may make this difficult but honestly, it would be worth getting up in the early hours, if that's what it takes! You will have one-on-one help with your niche selection.

Kind regards

Cath.
#1386483 by Edward from Sydney, Australia
Thu Nov 16, 2017 12:49 am
Hi Vikrant,

Your question is quite a complex one - one that is perhaps too long for a 'less than Ken length' reply. BUT the good news is there is an excellent answer to it.

For the full answer, I highly recommend the webinar as Cath and Terri have suggested above. I've worked with a couple of Sitesell Pros before and can say it is one of the best decisions I made early on in the business, even just to get reassurance that I was doing it 'right'. Definitely join the webinar with Terri tomorrow.

Either way, good on you for reaching out for help instead of withdrawing and suffering in silence! Everyone here wants to help each other succeed.

My advice to you beyond the webinar: don't worry about 'too much competition' from a google search. The MOST important question to ask yourself at this stage (once you've found a niche that can be profitable, which it sounds like you have) is "Do I love this topic enough to do whatever it takes to make my business succeed?"

You'll hear this a lot but follow the Action Guide every step of the way. Check your numbers to make sure that your niche is WINNABLE. Then on Day 3, check you can and want to write about the keywords you're finding. That is perhaps the golden key that SBI! offers us all: a chance to build the business we'll love to build.

Bottom line: You'll have plenty more questions and "what the hell am I supposed to do?" moments in the future, because you're running a business. But as long as you love it, you'll find a way to make it work.

And who knows? Maybe one day if you do tours of India we could partner up!

You can do this!

Looking forward to seeing your site when you bring it to life,

- Edward