What knowledge, expertise, passion, hobby, or interest do you have? Which is best for your Site Concept? How do you position it to be "uniquely you"? Is your Niche too broad or too narrow? Too broad will stretch a solopreneur's available time beyond its limits. Too narrow may limit income potential. Get help to find the right niche for you!

Moderator: Carol from East Anglia

#1390108 by Clare from Concepcion
Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:47 pm
I've been watching Carol's brilliantly helpful Day 3 Action guide video about creating a site blueprint. She demonstrates grouping keywords into topics for navigation purposes. In her example there are lots of Tier 2 keywords, too many for the navigation menu.

It looks as if what the visitor sees is a something a bit different from the site blueprint although the underlying structure is identical. Could you help me get this clear in my mind?

In Carol's example she groups Anniversary, Baby,Birthday, College Graduation and Engagement in the Category "Life Events".

This approach seems ideal for my collection of keywords (some with good numbers and others with important contributions to the overall jigsaw). I'm trying to construct an experience which makes sense to the human visitor but I haven't quite grasped how this approach works in practice.

When a visitor clicks on "Life Events" on the home page do they get a drop down menu of the individual keywords or does something else happen?

Many thanks for reading,

Clare
#1390132 by Mary from Mico
Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:57 pm

Hi Clare!

Welcome!

When a visitor clicks on "Life Events" on the home page do they get a drop down menu of the individual keywords or does something else happen?

Short answer: Yes. I do this with my site's first few top nav and side nav:

[Domain Private]

Longer answer: Continue to work through the Action Guide and more will begin to make sense - especially after you have more than a few pages built.

Reply here if you have more questions. :-)

Mary
#1390215 by Clare from Concepcion
Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:54 pm
Thank you Mary I do appreciate your advice - and patience! I'll keep plodding along :D

When I get my thoughts just a little more in order I'm planning to get some coaching and then it will be time to start making it real - how exciting!!

Remember that saying about life being lived forwards but understood backwards? I have an image of myself as an SBI tortoise walking tail first through the Action Guide, every so often retracing a step or two for another little nibble :mrgreen: (this is my nibbling tortoise face).

Best wishes,

Clare
#1390221 by Mary from Mico
Sun Jan 14, 2018 12:26 am

Hello Clare.

This sounds great!

When I get my thoughts just a little more in order I'm planning to get some coaching and then it will be time to start making it real - how exciting!!
u

To all us nibbling tortoises!

Mary