What knowledge, expertise, passion, hobby, or interest do you have? Which is best for your Site Concept? How do you position it to be "uniquely you"? Is your Niche too broad or too narrow? Too broad will stretch a solopreneur's available time beyond its limits. Too narrow may limit income potential. Get help to find the right niche for you!

Moderator: Carol from East Anglia

#1396192 by Santiago from Río Negro
Mon Apr 16, 2018 4:36 am
Hi everyone! Finishing day 2 here, and absolutely loving the training.

I started my niche selection process with 3 things that I'm familiar with, Comic Books, and Mathematics.
But in the back of my head, I had an idea rumbling around. I have two small kids, and since a lot of time, I have the fantasy of performing simple magic tricks to them, nothing fancy, just making a coin appear from my nose will do.
So, with that idea in my mind, I entered "Magic" as a seed word.

Long story short, after working on the brainstorming tool, I discarded Comics, Mathematics and finally went on, not "Magic" which was too broad, but "Magic Tricks" instead.

What do you guys think?
#1396198 by Cath, SiteSell Content Team
Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:20 am
Good morning, Santiago,

I'm so glad you're enjoying working your way through the Action Guide. It's such a great resource and yes, enjoyable as long as you know it takes time and can't be done overnight!

That niche sounds fascinating! Funnily enough, I happened to see some YouTube videos yesterday explaining how some "magic" tricks are done. I have no idea why they came up in my YT feed, but I spent some considerable time watching them and yes, it was fascinating! So a successful YT channel would be a definite possibility for you in the future.

I suppose the only thing I'd say is, if magic isn't something you've done before, you have a double learning curve: learning how to build your business with SBI!, and learning how to do magic tricks. It can be done - when I began my backyard chickens website I knew almost nothing about the subject, but enjoyed learning "on the job" and now have a very successful business in that niche. Yes, it took time and hard work but I loved it and still do, nearly 6 years later.

So if it's something you're passionate about and think you would remain passionate about for some time to come, I'd say it's a great niche! :D

I would also say, keep working your way through the Action Guide and don't make a definite decision until you've come to the end of DAY 4. You need to be sure you can monetise whichever niche you choose.

You're definitely getting there!

Cath.
#1396346 by Rebecca from Texas
Wed Apr 18, 2018 9:08 pm
Cath,

I'm happy to see that you were learning about raising chickens as you built your website. I am looking at doing the same thing! (of course with a different niche)

I wasn't sure if it would be a dumb idea or not, but obviously it can be successful. And I'm sure it gives a lot of insight on what material is missing out there on the web since you would need to know it as a beginner... Thus providing lucrative content for your site!

-Rebecca
#1396395 by Jana from Bernburg
Thu Apr 19, 2018 12:44 pm
Hi Santiago,

I love that niche - I'm a big fan of anything magical. :)
Also, I immediately thought about a nice monetization idea: You could do shows at kids' birthday parties (that's the classic) but I am thinking more high class. I once attended a similar show at an exclusive dinner after a summit that my industry held (I used to be a buyer in the fruit juice industry). There are only 500 people invited to these summits, so of course, entertainment is top class. That would be a lot of money in one evening, believe me.

Having said that, you need to learn first. Don't worry about not being an expert yet, neither am I in my niche (yet). But I believe that with every article you write for your website, you will do so much research and read and read some more and one day, you will know more than anybody else.
You'll learn on the go.

Good luck and let me know how it goes. :)
Jana