What knowledge, expertise, passion, hobby, or interest do you have? Which is best for your Site Concept? How do you position it to be "uniquely you"? Is your Niche too broad or too narrow? Too broad will stretch a solopreneur's available time beyond its limits. Too narrow may limit income potential. Get help to find the right niche for you!

Moderator: Carol from East Anglia

#1388625 by Brandon from Plankinton
Thu Dec 21, 2017 5:53 am
Hi everyone,

I am on day 2 and trying hard to figure out a good niche. I know a general idea of what I want to convey, but not how to turn it into a niche/ site concept. A little over a year ago I hiked to grotto falls with friends. I was really out of shape and 100 pounds overweight but the accomplishment of making it to the top inspired me to get healthy and more active so that I could hike more complicated trails. I have since gone on to lose over 100 pounds and now hike 3-4 times a week. I even relocated to Tennessee so I can be near the mountains. That first hike inspired it all and was a major catalyst for change in my life. It completely changed who I am as a person and made me appreciate what all the world has to offer. I want to build a website to hopefully inspire others to get outside, experience nature, and get healthy but I'm not sure how to put it all together into a profitable niche/ site concept. Does anyone have any ideas where to start or what keywords to brainstorm to get this kicked off? the term hiking doesn't seem adequate because it's so much more than that.
#1388626 by Nancy from 90% Persistence-10% Inspiration
Thu Dec 21, 2017 7:53 am

Brandon, your "WHY" is to:

inspire others to get outside, experience nature, and get healthy

You can encourage people to do these things when you create content in the specific niche topics that you mentioned:

• Hiking in Tennessee (hikes rated, gear needed)
  • Tennessee Mountains (insider info on where to go and what to do when you get there)
  • Hiking for health (how to use hikes to get in shape)
  • Hiking for beginners
#1394433 by Clare from Concepcion
Fri Mar 16, 2018 4:44 am
"That first hike inspired it all"

first hike jumps out at me.

When I was getting over a cancer scare quite a few years ago I was inspired to make the pilgrimage to Santiago to Compostela on foot. I certainly searched for information for an older, out of shape first time overweight hiker! What a joy it would have been to find a site written by someone like yourself coaching and advising me about how to get the most from the experience and avoid the pitfalls.

Further information about how to 'continue the journey' after that first wonderful experience might have got me into a healthy and enjoyable habit. I could still be inspired to restart.... :D

I just wonder what Brainstormer would find for 'obese hiker'. I would definitely have spent money on the right size clothes and equipment and been so grateful to be saved the trouble of hunting high and low for suitable items.

If you go this way I'll be along for inspiration!

Best of luck,

Ps are you the hiking mentor ?