What knowledge, expertise, passion, hobby, or interest do you have? Which is best for your Site Concept? How do you position it to be "uniquely you"? Is your Niche too broad or too narrow? Too broad will stretch a solopreneur's available time beyond its limits. Too narrow may limit income potential. Get help to find the right niche for you!

Moderator: Carol from East Anglia

#1389433 by Bryan from Albany Creek Qld
Fri Jan 05, 2018 3:34 am
Hi! All,
Bryan Bossley here, respectfully calling SBIers who are in similar Practices.
I was advised by trainers in Strategic Intervention Coaches, that the most effective type of websites for these types of Practices...are 'Referral Sites' They go as far as saying that 95% clients contact their counsellor or coach on the brief information (Home Page, I presume) Simply a picture of me, what I do, a free Clarity Session. With my contact details.
They want to see you offline face-to-face, on the phone, referrals, Skype etc. Any Tier 2 or 3 can come later, after interviewing your client, as further reference content material.
Consequently, I need to focus on my site having to impact a Referral Site qualities.
Your views will be appreciated to help me with these goals in mind.
Last edited by Debs from SiteSell on Fri Jan 05, 2018 3:22 pm, edited 1 time in total. Reason: Moved from Introduce Yourself (for introductions to all forum users) to here as a beginning discussion on your niche and traffic.
#1389471 by Debs from SiteSell
Fri Jan 05, 2018 3:20 pm
Hi Bryan,

That sounds great, no content needed but ... wait ... HOW are the visitors going to find you? If you want free organic search traffic as your primary source to get new/returning visitors, you need content, good, very high quality content. Content helps you to build credibility, so your visitors trust you.

Should you have contact info easily accessible and your image available, absolutely. But unless I'm misunderstanding something, you still need to get traffic to get customers.

Now a referral site would be similar to what we call affiliates ... you have a bunch of sites/people recommending you, they link to your site, and that helps build credibility and traffic (if the affiliate is doing their job of preselling you and your offerings). But, do you have thousands and thousands of people lined up to specifically promote your site? (I say 'thousands and thousands of people' because conversions online are estimated at 1% based upon 1000 visitors; can be higher or lower depending on how well or how badly you do converting visitors to your most wanted response)

It all kind of starts with traffic to your site. There are a myriad of ways to build traffic, not just the 2 mentioned above, you should also consider a couple social channels that would work well for your niche, busy topical forums where you can publicly help/guide people (you give away your services, but hopefully build enough credibility people will also want to hire you), advertising on other sites complementing your niche, pay per click search engine advertising, etc. etc. etc.

SiteSell/SBI! is all about helping you build the business starting with free organic search engine traffic on through the rest.

Hope this helps,

P.S. I moved your post, see the note in your original post above.