What knowledge, expertise, passion, hobby, or interest do you have? Which is best for your Site Concept? How do you position it to be "uniquely you"? Is your Niche too broad or too narrow? Too broad will stretch a solopreneur's available time beyond its limits. Too narrow may limit income potential. Get help to find the right niche for you!

Moderator: Carol from East Anglia

#1390369 by Chad from Florida
Mon Jan 15, 2018 10:49 pm

I am working on two site concepts. Both rank well in supply depth and demand. Both could stand alone as separate sites, but together they overlap and synergize. Is it ok to combine the two concepts into one domain and website?

Thanks ahead of time for your help .

#1390371 by Mary from Mico
Tue Jan 16, 2018 12:10 am
Hi Chad.

I think you'll really want to focus on one site concept and let the individual pages draw which visitors will come.

I spent several years toying with whether I'd want to focus on teachers or parents on PrintNPractice. It's been best to focus on the page keyword in my opinion, yet once in a while I have to decide between whether to address parents or teachers.

On the other hand, if one is really a subset of the other, that may work especially if you focus on the tighter niche.

If you give more details, perhaps we can give more help.

#1390376 by Chad from Florida
Tue Jan 16, 2018 12:56 am
Hi Mary,
My main niche is low carbs and the secondary niche is burn fat. One of the more effective ways to lose fat is to consume low carbs and to replace your diet with high quality fat.
#1390379 by Mary from Mico
Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:22 am
Hello Chad.

I can see where those topics cross. Maybe the element of being the most effective fat burner is a way to narrow your low carb niche? Or vice versa?

Do be sure to use BrainstormIt to its fullest extent in order to get the best numbers, remembering that the Home page "site concept" has to meet different qualifications for "good numbers" than the T2 and T3 pages' keywords - as per the Action Guide.

Also, I'm sure that these are super competitive niches with pros in the top SEO positions. This is where narrowing YOUR niche is handy so that you can compete in "your corner of the niche". Depending on your interest and your free time, it could be hard to win page one placement in these niches.

Be encouraged. It can be done; just know that the larger piece of the pie you choose, the more work you'll have to put into your site on a daily basis if you do not narrow your niche well enough. Balance this with the income possibilities.

I hope this helps.

#1390385 by Chad from Florida
Tue Jan 16, 2018 2:38 am
Good information. I appreciate your point of view. I will keep digging a little longer.

Thanks for your time and help.

Most Sincerely