What knowledge, expertise, passion, hobby, or interest do you have? Which is best for your Site Concept? How do you position it to be "uniquely you"? Is your Niche too broad or too narrow? Too broad will stretch a solopreneur's available time beyond its limits. Too narrow may limit income potential. Get help to find the right niche for you!

Moderator: Carol from East Anglia

#1390569 by LeiLani from Kennebec
Wed Jan 17, 2018 8:55 pm
Hi to All,
I am looking for a niche and have narrowed the concepts down to “Women’s Lifestyle,” “Relationship Advice,” and “Healthy Relationships.”

I am 66 years old, with lots of experience in business, government, and most recently healing modalities. What I am most interested in is how important personal power is for each of us. Without personal power, we get blocked, sick, depressed, and angry. We can heal ourselves and take back our personal power to get on with life.

Having worked my way up in business and government until I hit the glass ceiling, and started companies of my own that I lost with the economic crash of 2009, I turned to the importance of mind/body connections to take back our own personal power to overcome limitations and go on to achieve our dreams. All relationships are about taking personal responsibility and developing personal strengths. When we show up for those we care about, we better show up without the baggage we collect, and I know how to let it go.

Does anyone have feedback for me about whether this would work as a niche? Is it too broad? Too, “out there,” or is it realistic. I have studied quantum physics, the classic stuff, and realize that we all do not give ourselves enough credit to be, do or have what we want out of life.

I see lots of people my age that literally have given up and are just waiting to die, and yet there is so much more to life. Most of my clients are in their twenties or thirties who are realizing that they need the advice to rescue or rebuild relationships including the one with themselves.

Any advice would be so appreciated.
#1390571 by Jacki from Macleod
Wed Jan 17, 2018 9:04 pm
I love your ideas! Keep exploring - there is a lot of interest in kind of metaphysical/psychic things if you were to go in that direction, or coaching, lifestyle etc.
#1390599 by LeiLani from Kennebec
Thu Jan 18, 2018 1:58 am
Thank you Jacki, your feedback is important to me. I did a brainstorm on personal empowerment and metaphysics and such, but the market is overrun. I wanted to find a niche that had less supply and more demand. Sort of like the "Think and Grow Rich" concept applied to today's cultural situation.

Is this too broad?
#1390603 by Nancy from 90% Persistence-10% Inspiration
Thu Jan 18, 2018 4:00 am
LeiLani from [NO DOMAIN YET]-[Boise] wrote:I see lots of people my age that literally have given up and are just waiting to die, and yet there is so much more to life.

Maybe there's a market there? Self-empowerment for people over 60 who HAVE to either make a new life for themselves or just give up. [Been there. I'm still feeling my way after the crash too.]

Another idea is to mine your clients for ideas. Tell them that you need their help!

Ask them things like why they came to you. What are the 3 most important things they've learned from you. And what would help them continue their progress. Record their answers. There’s valuable keyword ideas in there!
#1390727 by Jimmy from Yarra Glen
Fri Jan 19, 2018 1:05 am
I think your niche idea is brilliant. You obviously have passion and knowledge of the niche, just gotta find the keywords that work. Brainstorm it is awesome. Go through the process of mining those keywords and then keep digging.
#1390893 by Caroline from spreadtheimagination.net
Sun Jan 21, 2018 10:53 pm
Your words spoke to me. i don't know how you are getting on with your choice/niche now, but, I think the topic of self-improvement and management are very important. I see that as an on-line course - Udemy? But, perhaps I am getting carried away with my own ideas. The intent of this answer is to encourage you to keep going. Perhaps, centralise the theme with one or two words and work around them. How are the brainstorming components going?
#1391086 by Bruno from Strange Visions
Wed Jan 24, 2018 2:04 am
Would "Unearth Your Treasure" be a good domain name, you think? I believe whatever it is that you choose to do with the interests you mentioned, your background does speak rather favourably of the experience that will attract your visitors.

How so? Let me give you an example...
Used to know this girl who I fell in love with - still am, even after 2 years since I cut her off from my life. Anyway, apart from her narcissism, cruelty and victimism, she meant a lot to me, but thought for all that she knew that what she needed was a high-ranking job, to be very well paid and have husband that had money, virility and influence (of course, I had none of these :lol: ), because, in her hard-head, these were avenues for satisfaction and a good life.
To envision this hurts me still, but I can see her finally discovering at 60 or more that what she truly needed was not fame or fortune, but to actually find herself and the courage within to face life and be who she wanted to all along...

Frankly, I am tired of all the waste I see around, and I think your POV can equip a number of people with tools to build personal philosophies that actually work toward making them functional and constructive. Think through but, nevertheless, go ahead!

P.S.: I would refrain from speaking about Quantum Mechanics unless one were indeed a Physicist.
#1391516 by LeiLani from Kennebec
Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:05 am
Wow, I appreciate the feedback from everyone. It is good to get encouragement.

Bruno, your example was extra helpful because that is exactly what I have seen out there amongst all ages. They think success is tied to the ego, e.g. job, money, etc., but often when they get those, they find them meaningless and are miserable or give up. Life is meant to be a joy, and we are living in the best of times right now. Thank you for this insight. Now my question is, how do we get people who need the tweak in their perspective to come get it? That is the big question. Oh, also, when I say quantum mechanics, I mean the Heisenberg perspective and not the modified concepts that many of those in "science" ignore. Maybe I should explain the difference on my website when I find it.
Anyway, I might be able to do this, if I can decide on the niche and the website name. I am not yet confident about it at all.