What knowledge, expertise, passion, hobby, or interest do you have? Which is best for your Site Concept? How do you position it to be "uniquely you"? Is your Niche too broad or too narrow? Too broad will stretch a solopreneur's available time beyond its limits. Too narrow may limit income potential. Get help to find the right niche for you!

Moderator: Carol from East Anglia

#1298411 by Tony from Tucabia
Mon Jul 21, 2014 4:33 am
For too long have I been floundering in a sea of confusion, and reading this article has clarified at least one thing for me. Funny how just a slight change of perspective can switch on the light bulb and the inspiration.

Now I feel more motivated because at last I can feel that I am doing something more useful than chasing my own tail. Thanks to JP and Ken.
#1383927 by Ratan from India
Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:05 am
Raleigh from Kendrick wrote:This post just clarified the business of SEO like nothing else I've ever read.

Circa 2017, the aspects of SEO has changed.
It is more oriented to 'THE VISITOR ENGAGEMENT" on the site more than the mere CONTENT on the site.
So, ensure that you BUILD in the required VISITOR ENGAGEMENT with your Call to ACTIONs for both your MOST WANTED RESPONSE (MWR) and Next Most Wanted Response (NMWR).
Let's be at it!
#1386991 by Kevin from West Sussex
Thu Nov 23, 2017 5:17 pm
I've recently joined SBI and read Ken's post.

Even though it is 10 years old, it is still an inspiring post and gives me much food for thought with regards working on a niche to get started.

Thank you!
#1387075 by Gonçalo from Simões
Sat Nov 25, 2017 6:19 pm
Hi Ken and SBIers,

I've just joined yesterday and I'm really proud of belonging here with you fellow entrepreneus!

Thanks so much for this answer Ken it really helps me with my questions about keeping up with my niche or changing to one more broad.

Great piece of advice, I just have one more question, considering that this was from 2007 is this still possible to do?

Or have the algoritm of search engines changed so much that is not funcionable anymore?

#1387197 by Debs from SiteSell
Mon Nov 27, 2017 5:32 pm
Goncalo, yes it is still functional and works today. There have been a lot of changes in the last 7 years, especially with Google. Follow the Action Guide, it has been updated to include the changes you need to be aware of.

All my best,

#1387778 by Michael from Arma
Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:46 pm
Interesting Article. I understand the car website concept better than the antingua island web example that is being used in the web training videos and articles. I get what I need to do now on how to design my website with the right keyword pages. Thanks Ken for the article. :D