This is for those solopreneurs who still upload their own HTML (UYOHers). Discuss your favorite client-side HTML editor. Want to know how to install a Hello Bar with Adobe DreamWeaver? Right here!

Moderators: A J from Somewhere Hot, Will from Los Ojos

#1366922 by David from Artarmon
Thu Mar 16, 2017 2:54 am
Hi SBIer's,
just hoping somebody can straighten my thinking on uploading an HTML landing page for a service we sell using paid traffic.

I did the body of the page and tried uploading the source code in a raw HTML block.

It uploaded just fine but when I went to check the landing page before setting up AdWords I get an error message that the page does not exist.

Therefore I'm obviously doing something very wrong - Can somebody please direct me to where I can find the answers?

Regards,
Dave
#1366926 by Jacki from Macleod
Thu Mar 16, 2017 3:30 am
So you used a BB2 page, with a single raw html block in it? Did you actually build the page, or did you build it in draft? If it's still a draft, it won't show as live on the web.
#1366988 by Debs from SiteSell
Thu Mar 16, 2017 5:12 pm
Is it this page:

[Domain Private]

I can see it on the web.

I do see a problem in your source code. You have duplicate tags from what SBI! Already puts in for you. You need to remove the following from your Raw HTML Block
right away:

<html>
<head>
</head>
<body>

at the start, and at the end:

</body>
</html>

The above code is duplicate and when this happens it confuses browsers and SE spiders.

However, I suggest, for what is showing you let Site Designer and the Format Tools do the work on your page. Microsoft Word adds a lot of junk to your content, doubling what you already have available via Site Designer and BB2 (It looks like MS Word was used, but it could have come from some other product, bottom line, harder to edit and still have good quality code).

Debs