This is for those solopreneurs who still upload their own HTML (UYOHers). Discuss your favorite client-side HTML editor. Want to know how to install a Hello Bar with Adobe DreamWeaver? Right here!

Moderators: A J from Somewhere Hot, Will from Los Ojos

33% OFF The World’s Most Effective Web Business-Builder - Solo Build It!
#1376423 by Suzie from Benton City
Tue Jul 11, 2017 12:52 pm
I am talking to a marketing and branding person (who is NOT a sitesell pro and is an expert in helping other people who do what I do) about how to streamline my site and make it a better match to my current large corporate client base. (I've been with SBI since 2009 and my business has evolved... in the past I've used SBI designers - but considering this 'outsider' because she's helping with overall branding, strategy, etc.)

Here's my question: If I work with her to create my new design how do we navigate the transfer once we've nailed the design off line? Will I need to hire a Sitesell Pro to help with the transfer or ???

Any thoughts or guidance on this would be awesome. Thanks!
#1376443 by Debs from SiteSell
Tue Jul 11, 2017 5:44 pm
Hi Suzie,

If you want the design to work in BB2 (install in Site Designer), your designer needs to know how SD works. You could walk them through that; then they can install.

Here's the thing, anyone who can see how SD works can install a design there, even design specifically for it. Or, they can upload CSS files that do all and overwrite SD. However if they see how the CSS file via SD looks, it may help them to adjust the design so SD can be adjusted later if needed. If they just overwrite the SD CSS, then all future adjustments need to be done in their CSS file instead of in SD.

Now I believe (and I have to check on this) if you overwrite the SD CSS, you or your designer will need to add custom CSS to reverse any changes the SD CSS makes (unless your designer works with the template ... meaning they use the template's basic outline and build upon it vs overwriting it).

So it is a choice for you ... if you feel you won't ever go in and want to adjust anything in SD, their CSS is fine.

If you want, you can have a SiteSell Pro Designer work with your branding designer as a consultant. Not required, just may help to cut the learning curve on the installation. It is up to you.

Debs, Director
SiteSell Pros