User-Generated Content includes SBI!'s Content 2.0 (C2) and the many apps, widgets and plugins that allow your visitors to submit their stories and/or comment on your pages. Tried Disqus? Facebook Comments? Google Forms? Other apps and plugins? Problems? Successes? Share here! And the biggie...
Content 2.0 (C2) is important! Visitors contribute their own topic-related content for you! Questions? Problems? What strategies are working for you? Get help building the invitation, managing submissions and comments, etc. This is THE place to share ideas and help others use C2 to build yet more traffic to your site.
#1366743 by Eyal from Beerotaim
Mon Mar 13, 2017 12:17 pm
Hi Jacky, look what we came up with? [Domain Private]/pruning-centre.html
it allows us to upload photos almost at any size. see the form we have created. we are using it during the last few days and it's great.

plus we have created a page [Domain Private]/pruning-tangerine-tree.htmlfor each one of the Q's we got. will keep checking it over time but so far it seems like a good solution that answers our goals and etc... :)
#1366744 by Eyal from Beerotaim
Mon Mar 13, 2017 12:24 pm
Mary from Mico wrote:
Hi Eyal,

I was thinking that there is a Wish list for C2 photos and found that there are several that might apply.

viewforum.php?f=57

Here's one on photos:

https://forums.sitesell.com/viewtopic.php?f=57&t=203524

I have errands to run, so must run. I expect to keep an eye on this later....

Mary

Hi Mary,
please forgive I was not ignoring your respond regard the wish list, just stayed focus on finding the perfect solution for our needs. so here is what w cam up with. [Domain Private] from now on you can take a picture of your plant, upload it from your mobile and send it to us. it's that simple. :D I wrote to Jacky that so far so good, let's see what will happen in the future, thank you anyway
Cheers
Eyal.
#1366745 by Eyal from Beerotaim
Mon Mar 13, 2017 12:26 pm
Eyal from Beerotaim wrote:
Mary from Mico wrote:
Hi Eyal,

I was thinking that there is a Wish list for C2 photos and found that there are several that might apply.

viewforum.php?f=57

Here's one on photos:

https://forums.sitesell.com/viewtopic.php?f=57&t=203524

I have errands to run, so must run. I expect to keep an eye on this later....

Mary

Hi Mary,
please forgive me. I was not ignoring the respond you wrote regard the wish list, I just stayed focus on finding the perfect solution for our needs. so here is what w cam up with. [Domain Private] from now on you can take a picture of your plant, upload it from your mobile and send it to us. it's that simple. :D I wrote to Jacky that so far so good, let's see what will happen in the future, thank you anyway
Cheers
Eyal.
#1366764 by Jacki from Macleod
Mon Mar 13, 2017 3:38 pm
Yes, definitely let us know how your visitors like it. Plus, this looks like more work for you, yes? You have to take the info/photos and make the page. C2 is good that way, in that it makes the page for you.

Couple of thoughts on your new page; first, I would make a big pinnable image to sit at the top of the page, that way people can 'bookmark' the information.

Also you say this;

When to prune? - Pruning tangerine trees can easily be done throughout the year.

Make sure you're getting long tail keywords in there, rather than just slavishly using the 'keyword/keyphrase' as is. I might say; When to prune tangerine trees? What time of year is best? rather than try and get it in there one more time.
#1366769 by Eyal from Beerotaim
Mon Mar 13, 2017 4:58 pm
It does demand more work but I prefer to invest in a high-quality page (look and feel) then the C.2.
and most important, users has no picture limitations what so ever.
Qs' + upload= bingo... quick and simple from their mobile. no adjustments needed
#1366775 by Eyal from Beerotaim
Mon Mar 13, 2017 6:35 pm
Thank you so much, that is so important for us to hear that people love the site (specially from SBIRS). it gives us a high motivation to move on to day 10- (just joking) :lol::lol::lol:
building a site bottom up is not like walking in the park as you know, so a positive respond every now and then is awesome.
thank you!
cheers
Eyal
#1366816 by Eyal from Beerotaim
Tue Mar 14, 2017 5:04 pm
Hi Jacky,
that's how an answering page looks like. [Domain Private]/lemon-tree-pruning.html
it does requires time and afford on our side, but we feel that the respond (at the bottom) is worth it.
that kind of service is really quite new and unique... you should try it! :wink::wink::wink:
thanks again for all the support. it helped us to find the solution.
Eyal
#1374213 by Shirley from Colden
Sat Jun 17, 2017 11:13 pm
I have constantly found this to be very annoying. Very few people have submitted pages and I think the fault is in difficulty uploading photos. I wanted to have photo competitions and it's just not happening.

I tried to upload photos myself on y own website and came across a different problem,I got a message saying the file type should be jpg my files are JPG (!) so it doesn't work

This is so so so annoying
Come on sitesell - we are paying over the odds for your hosting service because it is supposed to be super duper more better than any other. Help us out here

if I have to include instructions on how to reduce the size of a file or how to change it fro JPG to jpg (?!) customers are going to run a mile
#1375655 by High River Garden Society from Salmon River
Sun Jul 02, 2017 5:54 pm
Eyal I love what you've done with your pruning questions. How did you create the form that appears in your third column. It seems to allow photo uploading no matter what the size which given the file size those amazing cell phone cameras everyone uses these days creates is a good work around solution. How did you do it?
#1375670 by David from California
Sun Jul 02, 2017 10:24 pm
Shirley from Colden wrote:I have constantly found this to be very annoying. Very few people have submitted pages and I think the fault is in difficulty uploading photos. I wanted to have photo competitions and it's just not happening.

I tried to upload photos myself on y own website and came across a different problem,I got a message saying the file type should be jpg my files are JPG (!) so it doesn't work...

Hi Shirley, many of us have had issues with the photos on C2 for many years and it's better than it used to be. Yet, it is not nearly where it needs to be. Ideally, it would be to be able to upload any photo in any size. Then, instead of resizing the photo to an awful low resolution small photo, let us have photos that are at least 800 px wide (good screen size).

Also, your JPG files are the same as .jpg or .jpeg, all of which are uploadable so you might get support to help you out on what's going wrong there.

I run a photo competition and usually get 5-10 entries per month. But this makes me wonder how many others are quitting in disgust (and not coming back). [Domain Private]