User-Generated Content includes SBI!'s Content 2.0 (C2) and the many apps, widgets and plugins that allow your visitors to submit their stories and/or comment on your pages. Tried Disqus? Facebook Comments? Google Forms? Other apps and plugins? Problems? Successes? Share here! And the biggie...
Content 2.0 (C2) is important! Visitors contribute their own topic-related content for you! Questions? Problems? What strategies are working for you? Get help building the invitation, managing submissions and comments, etc. This is THE place to share ideas and help others use C2 to build yet more traffic to your site.

Moderator: Deb from barkinista.com

#1008772 by Joseph from Goodland
Wed Aug 03, 2011 10:58 am
Great thread... I found this kind of funny:Speaking Spanish among the Poles in New jersey "One time I was with my bandmates in a club in northern New Jersey that was mostly filled with Poles (I think it was the Cricket Club for anyone who knows the area). Our drummer was Polish, so we had lots of Polish-speaking friends and fans. It was not unusual for us Americans to be surrounded by people speaking Polish." The Cricket Club in New Jersey? "Bandmates." Just a bit off. :)
#1009541 by Francis from Großtissen
Fri Aug 05, 2011 8:51 am
Ashley wrote:I have found two long-term writers on AMT. I paid $1 per board game review. Still got a couple of copyscape failures, but the regular contributors made up for that.

Ashley, I have a question:

How do you assign a HIT to a specific, anonymous, worker? I also have got some great submissions from some...
#1310033 by Jacob from Fort Kent Mills
Wed Dec 03, 2014 6:40 pm
Thanks Jacki for your reply.
When I see stuff like this, I always get confused. What in the forums is still relevant and what not? An update is necessary, but may be it's too much work to do.
Jacob
#1310037 by Jacki from Macleod
Wed Dec 03, 2014 7:00 pm
When in doubt, the Action Guide is always up to date. Forum posts that were started long ago before all the algorithms won't necessarily be edited to reflect those changes.
#1367914 by Theona from Maple Shade
Tue Mar 28, 2017 4:04 am
I've tried posting a job on Mechanical Turk for C2 submissions but didn't receive any responses. Could someone please let me know what you included in your invitation to receive responses?

Thanks
#1368194 by Theona from Maple Shade
Sat Apr 01, 2017 3:16 am
Jacki,

I'm not trying to sound harsh. I'm just a little confused as to why Mechanical Turk is mentioned in the C2 guide if it's not a viable tool for gathering contributions.
#1368207 by Debs from SiteSell
Sat Apr 01, 2017 2:34 pm
It is a viable tool. Just use caution when posting your request. Ask them IF they did this or that, and IF THEY DID to post on your page about it. That way, they DID it; they post about it; you aren't telling them to make things up or feeding them what to say.

Debs
#1368381 by Website from Atka
Tue Apr 04, 2017 5:25 am
I tried it a number of years ago and got a few good posts, however, most were plagiarized and completely useless. Depending on the task, it could be a great resource though; really depends on whether it's objective research or subjective or creative writing.

Regards,
Saul
#1369080 by David from California
Sat Apr 15, 2017 3:02 pm
Have you tried doing it yourself? Submit under an assumed name and post whatever. You are the one who can decide what is most relevant to your niche.

I know this is not "real" in a specific sense. However, if your submission addresses the needs of your visitors in a constructive way I don't see why it would need to be "real."

There are many examples of this in history. Here are two among the many:

Betty Crocker was invented by Sam Gale, Washburn Crosby's advertising director, because he didn't think women would take cooking advice from a man... The writer of Finding Betty Crocker: The Secret Life of America's First Lady of Food did a little survey and says that about half the people she talked to believed that Betty Crocker was a real person, or that she existed at some point.

Carolyn Keene (Writer of the Nancy Drew Books) was invented by publisher Edward Stratemeyer, then handed off to numerous ghostwriters and credited as "Carolyn Keene."

*source: http://www.cracked.com/article_20408_5- ... exist.html

Better though, would be to try to find questions that your site visitors will be really stirred to answer or submit.

I found an example of this by accident on my Peru site. By far the most popular and longest page on this site is a C2 submission by a visitor: "What is the typical Peruvian guy like?"

Well.... not that you should use that question :)

But think of something that people will want to answer if at all possible.