SBI! Internal Stats, Google Analytics, StatCounter and other traffic tracking systems. Discuss your traffic stats, and get help understanding them.

Moderator: Antoinette from Bedford

#1394238 by Dana from Blevins
Mon Mar 12, 2018 7:40 pm
My page [Domain Private] has consistently had more Visitors than Visits. How does this happen? I thought one Visitor could visit more than once, but not the other way around. Here is what the last four months look like:
406 Visits by 681 Visitors
454 Visits by 756 Visitors
485 Visits by 334 Visitors
457 Visits by 284 Visitors

I am confused. Please help me understand how this happens.

#1394309 by Jeff from
Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:31 pm
Hi Dana.

If the spiders come (search engine or RSS), they're counted as visitors, but they don't count as visits.
#1394313 by Debs from SiteSell
Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:56 pm
If you are still concerned, feel free to contact Support to have it checked.

Also, we recommend using Google Analytics; you get more detail if you want it; and the spiders are reported on separately.

All my best,

#1394361 by Mary from Mico
Wed Mar 14, 2018 10:09 pm
Hi Dana,

My son-in-law and daughter are building their own house, so I took a look at your wonderful site. You've got a great site concept!

I wonder if you've followed all of the steps in the Action Guide as I did not see some regular administration pages that should be on your site: contact us page, privacy policy page, about us page, etc. Your home page and several other pages are very short, meaning that it is a possibility that the search engines might not offer some of your pages to their visitors. Yet.

Do study the Action Guide to make a check list to be sure you make these pages and do such chores as submitting to the search engines (If you haven't, I think you do it in Search Engine HQ at the bottom of Site Central - it's been a few years....).

I hope this helps,