Adding audio, video (including YouTube, Vimeo, Snapchat, etc.) and full-blogging (and other advanced functionality) gives a whole new flavor to your Solo Build It! site. This is the place to help or be helped for these topics.

Moderator: Paul from Mollymook Beach, NSW

#1369276 by Kathy from Mintaro
Wed Apr 19, 2017 5:53 am
I had a book trailer made on fiverr.com It is am mp4 file. What do I do next? I want imbed it into my sales page.
Do I need You Tube?
Sorry, but I am totally out of my depth here. Hope somebody can help please.
Cheers
Kathy
#1369279 by Debs from SiteSell
Wed Apr 19, 2017 9:44 am
Hi Kathy,

If it were me, and I want to keep it simple, I would upload the trailer to my account in Youtube, then get their code to embed in the site.

Next, you add a Raw HTML Block in the page where you want the trailer to appear, and paste the YouTube embed code into the block.

Debs
#1369464 by Kathy from Mintaro
Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:15 am
Debs
Thanks so much. You are a champion.
First I had to set up the You Tube account and then I followed your instructions and embedded the video on my site...but when I preview it and play it...when it is finished it displays other people's videos over the top. I am guessing I have done something wrong in setting up my youtube account. Do you have any clues?
Thanks again for your help. It is much appreciated.
Best wishes
Kathy
#1369465 by Paul from Mollymook Beach, NSW
Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:05 am
Hi Kathy,
when it is finished it displays other people's videos over the top. I am guessing I have done something wrong in setting up my youtube account.

No - you haven't really done anything wrong. This is a default setting for YouTube. If you are serious about creating video, you always need to remember that YouTube isn't actually free. Money may not change hands but you certainly pay and one of the ways is that the system is designed to help you to direct traffic back to YouTube - not to their site.

You may find it useful as this appears to be your first time, to review this article and see if there are any little tips to follow that you don't know; http://sbitips.sitesell.com/setting-up- ... -time.html

Anyway - to answer your question...
When you select the embed code, you will see a little button almost directly underneath that says 'Show More.

In the image below you will see the checkbox giving you the option to show suggested videos. De-select it.

Hope this helps
Paul

#1369526 by Kathy from Mintaro
Sat Apr 22, 2017 10:00 am
Thank you so much. This is my first ever upload to You Tube, and I had not scrolled down the page enough to see those sneaky little check boxes.
I really appreciate your valuable time and help.
Best regards
Kathy