Adding audio, video (including YouTube, Vimeo, Snapchat, etc.) and full-blogging (and other advanced functionality) gives a whole new flavor to your Solo Build It! site. This is the place to help or be helped for these topics.

Moderator: Paul from Mollymook Beach, NSW

#1389081 by Madathil from Maghribiyah
Sat Dec 30, 2017 9:02 am
How come I add html5 media files into my webpages, if I want to replace SWF / FLA / FLV files. Shall I add these files for the time being and later when SBI have the option to add html5 media files I can replace it. Or anyone have some tricks or tips to solve this issue.
Last edited by Debs from SiteSell on Sun Dec 31, 2017 1:10 pm, edited 1 time in total. Reason: Moved from Graphics etc to here
#1389183 by Cath, SiteSell Content Team
Sun Dec 31, 2017 7:03 pm
Hi Madathil,

Unfortunately I don't know about HTML5 - it seems to me perhaps the people who can answer this are in your other thread - this one.

However, I thought I'd take a look at your site generally, and would make a couple of comments which I think it would help you to put right straight away.

When I did, it all seemed very familiar, so I searched previous posts and sure enough - I'd made a few suggestions - this is the post I mean.

My suggestion would be to clear up some of those very basic issues first - start with the basics as this response suggests, and then look to the others in this thread for more help.

I hope this helps.

Kind regards for the New Year,

Cath.
#1389394 by Madathil from Maghribiyah
Thu Jan 04, 2018 3:06 pm
Dear Debs, Paul, George, Cath and other friends,

I have put a link in my website. It is the last one in the navbar "Movie Test". This is the kind of stuff I have.It took for me to put this link two days just because I have not touched my website for few years. I have forgotten many simple things. But I promise you all, it will become much much better. When I click the link it says "this sort of file can harm your computer.... ". I dont know why this message comes always and why the file does not open straight away. Any how I hope you all will be able to see that (hopefully)!.

Paul, please see the animation and I am waiting for your opinion. So the movie clip will play continously until someone click the forward or backward button. This is an Swf file. There should be an exit button too in the bar. In the canvas I want to give a short description about what is going on in the movie. The tutorial contains about 100 similar movie clips / lessons. These are divided into four groups. Twenty five lessons I want to publish free in my website and the rest-seventy five - thinking to monetize.

You all have made so many suggestions to improve my website. Please dont think that I am not listening to you. It needs reconstruction. Patchup does not work. I have name parked and I am going to do "move it". The nitch is narrowed further.

I did not want to face a big blockage at the middle as I faced in the case of flash files. So I want to clear all doubts before I proceed and I thought it should be well planned.

Many thanks.
#1389399 by Debs from SiteSell
Thu Jan 04, 2018 3:15 pm
It wants me to download it. I don't want to download, I want to view.

Try this, go to Youtube, open an account if you don't have one already. Upload the video there. Get the embed code from Youtube and put that into your test page, Raw HTML block. Build it and then let us know.

All my best,

Debs
#1389406 by Madathil from Maghribiyah
Thu Jan 04, 2018 5:40 pm
SWF is not among the listed file extenstions you can upload into youtube. I hav e tried that.
#1389428 by Paul from Mollymook Beach, NSW
Fri Jan 05, 2018 1:25 am

Hi Madathil. It's good to hear back.

SWF is not among the listed file extenstions you can upload into youtube. I have tried that.

No it doesn't! And as Debs says I want to see the file!

I just spent about 30mins attempting to access and view the file, even to convert it to MP4 but it is just not working. I don't know why - it looks very light so it is probably not the actual file with al lthe content but I may be wrong.

Nevertheless, I have already said there are forums dedicated to this kind of problem on the internet and that is where you will get the best result.

SWF is basically an animation file - not a video and it feels like we are pulling teeth, not really able to provide you definitive answers unless someone else comes along. You are wanting to preserve it's basic functionality which is different to a straight conversion.

If you really want professional help I really recommend the Adobe Forums as I have previously said elsewhere or go down to your local video producer who also does animation and ask for help. They will probably help you out even!

Sorry - its the best I've got. I really admire your persistance in asking but we're kinda chasing our tail here.

Hope this provides a direction
Paul
#1389453 by Madathil from Maghribiyah
Fri Jan 05, 2018 9:52 am
Paul,

If you have adobe flash in your computer, you should be able to open it. From the local animation professionals I understand that it cant be changed into mp4 because of the movie clip. I have said that somewhere in my previous replies - the movie clip does not work - .

Swf is not among the files we can upload into youtube. May be I said it wrong before.

Thanks
#1389454 by Madathil from Maghribiyah
Fri Jan 05, 2018 10:16 am
Debs and Paul,

I am trying to show you the file by some other means. Probably video record it and then make it a movie file.

Any one can tell me how to play a FlA or Flv file continously without making it as a movie clip, so that I might be able to make it mp4. In that i will recreate everything in flash itself so that the end product will be in mp4 format.
#1389455 by Paul from Mollymook Beach, NSW
Fri Jan 05, 2018 10:17 am
If you have adobe flash in your computer, you should be able to open it.
I stand corrected on that - I was using the wrong browser and wasn't paying attention so yes - I can see it now although there is no audio or functionality. Not that it matters - I see what you are doing. Thanks for replying so quickly.
From the local animation professionals I understand that it cant be changed into mp4 because of the movie clip. I have said that somewhere in my previous replies - the movie clip does not work - .

Agreed. No argument there. Not if you want the funcionality
Swf is not among the files we can upload into youtube. May be I said it wrong before.

No - you were absolutely correct.
So I'm going to go out on a limb here. Maybe I am not seeing all the content but you have asked for help so...
I don't think you need swf at all. If you want to go from one lesson to another on your website then simply use links. You can absolutely display the audio and lesson controls as you have with multiple images in a container. That's very straight forward and once you have done one you will be cooking with gas.

As for the right arrow demo, is it meant to be interactive in some way? If so then I have no alternative but, if not, this could easily be a gif which would work on your site as well.

Here's a rough and ready example. But - if it is interactive , as I say then I am obvioulsy barking up the wrong tree.

Hope this helps a little more...

arrow-example.gif
arrow-example.gif (37.82 KiB) Viewed 275 times
#1389468 by Madathil from Maghribiyah
Fri Jan 05, 2018 3:04 pm
Paul, Thank you, thank you...thank....

Many of your statement I did not understand (English is not my language) After seeing my movie if you can answer me the following questions.

It is an interactive tutorial. I want to put about 25 animations in my webpages like the one you have shown here ( The one you have shown here contains only animation with a blue background / stage). I will wrap text around it like any usual website page.

But I want my visitors to download these 25 published tutorial and the other 75 unpublished tutorial from my website. It is interactive with backward, forward, audio buttons etc..

If my understanding is correct, you have said that I can publish those things as gif files. Is that right !!. If that is right I have already passed the exam with distinction. If so how ...?.

Please tell me in simple english. Thanks a lot.
#1389470 by Madathil from Maghribiyah
Fri Jan 05, 2018 3:14 pm
Though it can be published as individual gif files in my webpages and not as an interactive downloadable tutorial, is there a possiblility to cut and put these gif files one bye one page by page / lesson by lesson into a software ideally designed for downloadable tutorials ?.

I forgot to add this in the previous letter. sorry,

Thanks
#1389641 by Paul from Mollymook Beach, NSW
Sun Jan 07, 2018 2:32 am
Hi Madathil

If no-one else pops up in this thread, I think the only way to fully resolve this is to have a conversation. You can book time via Pros; https://secure.sitesell.com/prot-bin/bu ... consulting and you should start with 2 hours.

I think I have explained it as best as I can without talking. That way I can actively show you what I am doing about and we can solve your problem together.

If English is not your first language then perhaps you also have a friend who understands what you are doing can help translate.

There are two different things you want to achieve. The first is on your website and the second is downloadable files. I absolutely cannot help you with the downloadable files and I have pointed you to Adobe forums before to create and/or learn about that process.

The site material will be best to discuss. I think it is much simpler than you think and it will involve creating gifs (yes you were correct!) and using links.

Thanks
Paul
#1389708 by Madathil from Maghribiyah
Mon Jan 08, 2018 6:04 am
Dear Paul,

Let us wait for someone to come forward and help on this topic. As you said puting gif images in the webpages and giving explanation is not going to be a problem. I am searching for a simple software in which i can add these gif animations and proceed with text and sounds. Probably as said before any sitesell member would be able to suggest me something very helpful.

If not the next step is to make an appoint with you..

Thanks.