How do YOU use outsourcing? Why and when should you outsource? Do you go local or international? Use this forum to discuss your best strategies and ideas on outsourcing. Great ideas lead to leveraged results. Share yours here. Note: Read the Guidelines at the top of THIS forum before posting.

Moderator: Elly from professional-counselling.com

#1390661 by Barrie from Curries Post
Thu Jan 18, 2018 6:15 pm
This is a difficult one. I've been building [Domain Private] for over ten years; it has nearly 500 pages, but has no real monetisation, other than Adsense.

As you can imagine, it's a simply vast chunk of your life. Dare you EVER give someone else your password, when they could delete your whole site and destroy ten years of work and passion in a flash, if you had a serious disagreement.

[Domain Private] apparently lies in the top 0.4% of websites; it's been a long journey of discovery and fulfillment, and some pain obviously.

Someone I know quite well has suggested building a monetisation site, by listing chiropractors world wide for a small fee. It's a good idea, but means giving up my independence and risking all I have done for ten years.

Should my worst fears be realised, this actually happened to a good friend, and said second party in a fit of temper destroyed the site, could I regain all my lost work?

What thinkest the Water Cooler folk?

Barrie
Last edited by Debs from SiteSell on Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:15 pm, edited 1 time in total. Reason: Moved from Water Cooler to here as this is about outsourcing (sharing) site work.
#1390667 by Jacki from Macleod
Thu Jan 18, 2018 7:01 pm
There are back ups of the site in the Wayback Machine. Also, why would you give someone complete access to your site when there is subordinate Login now?
#1390741 by Barrie from Curries Post
Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:26 am
That's encouraging about the Wayback machine; reassuring. I'll look into the subordinate login. Many thanks, Jacki.
#1390748 by Cath, SiteSell Content Team
Fri Jan 19, 2018 11:21 am
Hi Barrie,

Just to add my two penn'orth - I use a Virtual Assistant and she has the subordinate login. It works really, really well for what I need and there's no way she could ever destroy the site.

I personally would not give my login to anyone I didn't know and trust absolutely. In fact, even then I'm not sure I'd be persuaded! :lol:

Cath.
#1390768 by Mary from Mico
Fri Jan 19, 2018 5:34 pm
Hi Barrie.

'What they said ^^^^^.

I'd be loath. Only if they bought it for 3 times the annual income or what I think I could get in the next three years.

Have you thought of making ebooks of your Tier 2s? It would take some re-writing, yet my ebook sales are what earn me the best money on my sites.

Mary
#1390881 by Barrie from Curries Post
Sun Jan 21, 2018 6:45 pm
Wonderful thoughts Cath and Mary.

What a great possibility for T2 pages, Mary, I'll certainly give it some thought. Suggested charge for a T2?

I have got a subordinate login code, passed it on but got this response:

"Thanks for making a start with this.

Tried to login but got this:

Incorrect username or password."

I can't test it myslef as the SBI login page takes me automatically right into the site.

B
#1390922 by Mary from Mico
Mon Jan 22, 2018 6:24 am

Hello Barry,

First the short answer: You can "test" your subordinate login perhaps by logging out of your own site first in the top right. 'Just an idea. I do not have subordinate loggers. :-)

Also, as per your first post, I would simply monetize this site, not build another site for monetization. If the one advising you to start another site does not have reproducible success doing this he or she should not be recommending it to you. You could, on the other hand, build a T2 for listing other Chiropractors – even offering them a C2 page for them to write their own original page in advertisement of their practice or products. 'Just an idea. I sure wish I had one site! I definitely would not have separate site to monetize the same niche. For one thing, it could cause your visitors confusion.

Another idea in answer to your first post: Why would you want to outsource monetization? It's generally a set it up and go sort of venture, a one time effort. Why specifically would you want to give someone else access to your site?

Now to your big question:

Suggested charge for a T2?

You can see the prices I charge on my order pages (top nav on the left), yet with you being in the health industry, I'll bet you could charge what Joette Calabrese does. I bought her program hands down. She's like you and gives away a ton of info for free, yet also sells courses. This is one of three products of hers that I've bought:

https://studygroups.joettecalabrese.com/

Or this one might be closer because you might not have the course and video elements:

https://joettecalabrese.com/product/BabyGrande.html

I've often read that $37.99 is a psychologically good price in that range and I felt that way myself when I bought; especially since I'd bought her other product at $49. Reading her next page though, urged me to buy the CD (she's got a super strict sense of protecting her copyrights…. so I did not want to risk messing it up by making a CD of the info for "just in case" as I suggest my customers do with my own downloads. I'm in her Facebook group and she would know me….) AND I bought the printed book - $60 worth. (No way will I print and mail! I do not have the time, and haven't the time right now to set up something like CreateSpace. You may….)

What I've found is that I've been able to make a separate T2 as a catalog/store page with reusable blocks nested with price reusable blocks. This way when I want to add a product or the price to a product on another page, all I have to do is pull in the correct reusable block. If I change the price or description on any page, poof! It's changed everywhere I've used that reusable block on pages and nested blocks. I LOVE reusing reusable blocks!

Several years ago when we improved our coloring pages on both sites so that visitors could type on them before printing, we updated some of the artwork and increased the price from $4.98 to $6.98 and found that there was no diminution in sales, or at least the money stayed the same or better.

Why .98? Because I have these set with E-Junkie to allow affiliate sales. I could sell physical books with EJ and do sell CDs. You might like SendOwl or something like Tobias uses on his Homemade Gifts Made Easy site. With an even number at the end, the affiliate commission divides evenly. You can see one of my affiliate pages here:

[Domain Private]

Where do you publish your T2s, Mary?

Well, my downloads are not also web pages as in your case. I think that you can edit and publish your T2s and T3s (chapters), and heartily recommend that you do. Edit the text of the pages to remove the contrived lingo you had to edit for Adsense and to remove the coding. You can add better images, diagrams, and places to keep notes as Joette does above in her books and courses.

Once you have all your T2s in books, you can then offer a bundle for a reduced price from the cumulative each price. I think that Ham Radio Claude has done something similar and perhaps Mike from Florida Back Roads.

My downloads do correspond to the different T2s: Math worksheets download with the Math T2, Phonics worksheets for phonics, etc.; yet they are not the text of the web pages at all. There are worksheets on nearly every page of my site. Rather than hunt for each one, many of my visitors would rather buy the download to file in their own computer rather than scavenge through my site for the right worksheets hoping to find the complete set. They do buy, even though they are totally free on the site! I can send you a free download if you would like to see how it works. (Offer stands for others here, too. Just contact me through the Affiliate contact form at the link above.)

So, back to my notes above, I publish the worksheets on most of the web pages, yet I sell the worksheets from what I call an order page where a visitor can "Buy Now" or see "More Info" on another T2. On PrintNPractice I used a keyword for the file name of the order page T2.

I hope these notes help.

Mary
#1391050 by Barrie from Curries Post
Tue Jan 23, 2018 7:11 pm
Whew, aren't SBI folk amazing. Unbelievable, Mary, but I see a lot of hard work ahead. But, with 70 staring me down the barrel, also the possibility of retirement. Mind you, love my work.

Incredible notes, Mary, must have taken you an hour or more. I can't tell you how much that's worth! Sorry you're not in the neighbourhood, would definitely get a case of B's best raw honey!

B
#1391148 by Mary from Mico
Wed Jan 24, 2018 6:46 pm

Hi Barrie.

No problem. I'm happy to help. I appreciate your many helpful notes here in the forum and your having shared your successes through the years. You've been an encouraging and interesting influence here in the forum.

would definitely get a case of B's best raw honey!

Just the imaginary thought of the smell of raw honey being harvested in the warm sunshine was reward enough. I feel better already. :-) My Dad had had five or six hives and the neighboring farmers all helped each other sharing/renting extractors, offering space over two miles away when needed to relocate hives, etc. Thank you for the wonderful memory!

Seventy! Well, start by doing one at a tortoise time and start with the ebook that would have the most profitable (MKL) file name for the sales page with the highest or nearly highest monetary interest. Use Brainstorm it to name and build your sales page.

You may be surprised how much easier the second ebook will be. Perhaps many of those seventy can be grouped together into seven (imaginary number) ebooks that you can later bundle "all 7 for the low price of...." the price of five or six ebooks sold singly.

To get back to an idea for the title of this thread: unless you hire an assistant in your daily life, ask your wife, or hire an SBI pro to do the sort of work you mentioned; I really think that you will be the best person to make your own ebooks. Then have your wife proof and edit.

Be encouraged. The outline and most of the content is already made! :-)

Mary