How do you use Social Media for your business? Do you know whether to use FB or Twitter? Instagram or Pinterest? How do you leverage a growing social presence? Having trouble with "personal-social" networking? Question about hashtags? Share your best social media strategies and ideas and ask your Q's right here.

Moderator: Erin from Sikes

#1369235 by Jacki from Macleod
Tue Apr 18, 2017 3:29 pm
Yes, BB only has limited width, because of the width of whichever template you're using. However, you *can* shrink it down even more so it doesn't look so huge. Then, when it's pinned or saved to other social media, it will show full size, in all its glory.
#1369286 by Scott from Clarence
Wed Apr 19, 2017 12:06 pm
Hey Jacki...

Well, to be honest with you... I think the 3:1 ratio is totally ugly. It takes a wonderful image and really makes it unfitting for the page. For now anyway... I'll just pin 'em as is... I take tons of time to take beautiful images. Hmmm... :shock:

I don't know why anyone else wouldn't feel like this. :o

I was going to give you an example but I couldn't stand to leave it built that way.

Thanks for your help as always... Nimble & I have learned soo much from you and others...

Arf! Scott & Nimble.
#1369287 by Scott from Clarence
Wed Apr 19, 2017 12:19 pm
Jacki...

I see that by making a 3:1 ratio image really big it doesn't look so darned narrow anymore. Plus... I can tweek it a little like you said. The 3:1 ratio is not set in stone. Ok... I feel better now... And like you said, all images don't need to be edited like that.

Looking at your site is so helpful. Since I've been corresponding with you, you'll notice your traffic jumping a ton from all my visits to your site! :wink:

Thanks...

Scott & Nimble.
#1369297 by Jacki from Macleod
Wed Apr 19, 2017 2:58 pm
That long skinny type of image usually gets pinned as an image with link onto Pinterest, not on my site. Feel free to tweak to your own needs, like you say, not written in stone. :)
#1369379 by Scott from Clarence
Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:20 am
Ok Jacki... thanks.

I'm writing keyword-rich descriptions for my Pins. If I include the Specific Keyword for the page that the pinned image is used on... is that ok? I only include the SKW in one of the file names of all the images for every page.

So, the SKW would be used 2x for each page total combining image file names and the pinned image descriptions.

Thanks Jacki! :)

Scott & Nimble... arf!
#1369397 by Jacki from Macleod
Thu Apr 20, 2017 3:48 pm
I think that's totally okay. Have a look through some pins already on Pinterest, and see what the descriptions look like - most are not going to 'get the click' as they are. Make sure your description fits the actual topic of the page, with some broader keywords so people can find it on Pinterest search.

PS: have you looked through the Pinterest Action Guide? There is a lot of great info in there; http://sbitips.sitesell.com/pinterest-action-guide/
#1369405 by Scott from Clarence
Thu Apr 20, 2017 4:45 pm
Hi jacki...

I've looked through the guide and some other articles as well. I've been trying to do as much reading as I can... every evening for a couple hours during dinner. I have not read the whole guide yet... I'm also trying to focus on getting over the traffic hump... right now earning some inbound links.

I set up a Pinterest account. I think for right now just pin some images but not get totally invloved yet. Trying to build pages, earn inbound links, build more pages and active on Facebook. So, at that rate... I'm only building 1 page per week. But if you look at my pages... lots of photos take more time.

You said general keywords. I always thought that if I selected some high demand, low supply words they would be easier to find (I would be found easier). I always thought that visitors wouldn't find me as well with general keywords as with high demand, low supply words. I know the A/G Guide talked about general keywords also. Maybe I'm missing something? :?

Thanks for your time... I know you are really busy. You've been sooo much help! :)

Scott & Nimble