How do you use Social Media for your business? Do you know whether to use FB or Twitter? Instagram or Pinterest? How do you leverage a growing social presence? Having trouble with "personal-social" networking? Question about hashtags? Share your best social media strategies and ideas and ask your Q's right here.

Moderator: Erin from Sikes

#1376891 by Tina from Owen
Mon Jul 17, 2017 3:14 am
HI, my Facebook has gone nuts in the past couple of weeks, today I have 33500 page likes with about 4200 this week.
Do you have any other suggestions for making money with Facebook.
https://www.facebook.com/OurShippingContainerHouse/
I have an ebook to sell for $13 and I do need to make a more comprehesive one as soon as I can.
I have been rejected at ebay.com for an affiliate no idea why yet will look into that.
#1376911 by Cath, SiteSell Content Team
Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:19 am
Wow! Congratulations, Tina!

Have you any idea why it's gone bananas? - That's a massive number! Did you do any advertising for example? Is it (hopefully) having an impact on your site visitors?

In terms of monetising, do you have any partnership arrangements with companies who supply container homes? I'm also seeing on your website container home plans and I'm wondering why give those away for free? If you built on those and offered a bespoke design service for people, I can see that being popular.

The other obvious thing is furniture and / or gadgets that go particularly well in a container home. I'm assuming space is limited so storage solutions, smaller than usual gadgets...

I know a lot of people make good money on FB with Amazon affiliate product sales. You do need always to put a disclaimer on the post that it's an affiliate link, of course. Personally, I like to do a full review of products before I advertise them, but not everyone does that.

Hope you're able to find ways of capitalising on such a boost in FB visitors!

Cath.
#1377129 by Tina from Owen
Thu Jul 20, 2017 10:37 am
Hi Cath and Mary, thank you very much, still riding the wave thank you. I am in Australia seems like I have picked up a tidlewave of FaceBookers from the US and elsewhere. Adding at least a thousand likes and followers a day. All interested in Shipping container houses and anything else you can make with a shipping container.
From Tina
#1377171 by Mary from Mico
Thu Jul 20, 2017 5:14 pm
Yea Tina!

I think you've got a wonderful idea and a great opportunity!

I guess that this is something we should all keep in mind is that we may someday have a "wave". Are we ready for it?

I would surely think that the camping and vacation market is very ready for your niche.

I'm looking forward to learning that this remains a long time bonus for you!

Mary