How do you use Social Media for your business? Do you know whether to use FB or Twitter? Instagram or Pinterest? How do you leverage a growing social presence? Having trouble with "personal-social" networking? Question about hashtags? Share your best social media strategies and ideas and ask your Q's right here.

Moderator: Erin from Sikes

Solo Build It! Holiday Special - Save 33%
#1379346 by Wellesley from Montego Bay
Fri Aug 18, 2017 6:23 pm
Hi teamies,
I ran into these folks (spot.im) that looks like a great prospect for my site. Basically, they allow us to dictate and manage all the social activity on on off our sites. They claim to allow us to get an easy 8-10% more traffic.

What do you think of them? Have you heard of them?
Kindly advise.
Last edited by Debs from SiteSell on Wed Oct 11, 2017 4:28 pm, edited 1 time in total. Reason: Moved from User Generated/C2 Content to here.
#1379358 by Jacki from Macleod
Fri Aug 18, 2017 9:19 pm
I've never heard of this. Go into it cautiously, and make sure you have a way out. I know there was some weird stuff going on with another outfit that sounds similar just recently, and they finally pulled the plug and went out of business.
#1383571 by Marbella from Clemons
Wed Oct 11, 2017 3:34 pm
Wellesley from Montego Bay wrote:Hi teamies,
I ran into these folks (spot.im) that looks like a great prospect for my site. Basically, they allow us to dictate and manage all the social activity on on off our sites. They claim to allow us to get an easy 8-10% more traffic.

What do you think of them? Have you heard of them?
Kindly advise.


Hi Wellesley.

I have had very good success with Spot.IM. I have implemented their technology on my website on [Domain Private] and have seen:

+125% increase in comments vs Facebook
+12% increase in time on site
+8% increase in page views

Plus the comments are much cleaner - weeds out the bad spam and low quality UGC that FB comments came with.

Highly recommend.

...Robert
#1383609 by Susan from Ash Flat
Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:22 pm
This sounds interesting. Not sure I totally understand how it works but something I plan to check out more fully. Thanks for bringing it to my attention Wellesley, and for your input Robert :)
#1383629 by Wellesley from Montego Bay
Thu Oct 12, 2017 5:16 am

Great thanks for the feedback robert.

They were however asking for some tags (see below) that identifies each page independently but the team at SBI was not able to provide me that, especially the POST ID. Can you say how you implemented this please?

These were:
POST_ID - It's a unique ID for each article page
ARTICLE_URL - This is the canonical URL for the article the Conversation is related to
FACEBOOK_URL - It's the canonical URL of the article

Marbella from Clemons wrote:
Wellesley from Montego Bay wrote:Hi teamies,
I ran into these folks (spot.im) that looks like a great prospect for my site. Basically, they allow us to dictate and manage all the social activity on on off our sites. They claim to allow us to get an easy 8-10% more traffic.

What do you think of them? Have you heard of them?
Kindly advise.


Hi Wellesley.

I have had very good success with Spot.IM. I have implemented their technology on my website on [Domain Private] and have seen:

+125% increase in comments vs Facebook
+12% increase in time on site
+8% increase in page views

Plus the comments are much cleaner - weeds out the bad spam and low quality UGC that FB comments came with.

Highly recommend.

...Robert
#1383939 by Wellesley from Montego Bay
Mon Oct 16, 2017 1:11 pm

Hi Marbella,
Did you get a chance to look at this request?

Wellesley from Montego Bay wrote:Great thanks for the feedback robert.

They were however asking for some tags (see below) that identifies each page independently but the team at SBI was not able to provide me that, especially the POST ID. Can you say how you implemented this please?

These were:
POST_ID - It's a unique ID for each article page
ARTICLE_URL - This is the canonical URL for the article the Conversation is related to
FACEBOOK_URL - It's the canonical URL of the article

Marbella from Clemons wrote:
Wellesley from Montego Bay wrote:Hi teamies,
I ran into these folks (spot.im) that looks like a great prospect for my site. Basically, they allow us to dictate and manage all the social activity on on off our sites. They claim to allow us to get an easy 8-10% more traffic.

What do you think of them? Have you heard of them?
Kindly advise.


Hi Wellesley.

I have had very good success with Spot.IM. I have implemented their technology on my website on [Domain Private] and have seen:

+125% increase in comments vs Facebook
+12% increase in time on site
+8% increase in page views

Plus the comments are much cleaner - weeds out the bad spam and low quality UGC that FB comments came with.

Highly recommend.

...Robert

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests