High-value content that OVERdelivers on search intent is the key to business success with Solo Build It!. Master this to build a C T P engine that drives you to evergrowing "M" (Monetization). Best strategies and recommendations. Ask questions, and get help.

Moderator: Carol from East Anglia

33% OFF The World’s Most Effective Web Business-Builder - Solo Build It!
#1371072 by Eyal from Beerotaim
Sun May 14, 2017 5:37 pm
Hi everyone, I'm about to write an Ebook for the first time and have no idea where to start from? which software is best? would love to get some guidance. :shock:
thanks
Eyal
#1371076 by Jacki from Macleod
Sun May 14, 2017 7:16 pm
Fortunately, writing an e-book is KISS simple. Use either Word or my favorite (free, crowd sourced option) Open Office, write your e-book, then Export as PDF. Then go to ecovermaker.com and make a cover image, then upload the pdf with Quick Upload It (or E-Junkie if you want to be more secure) then you're good to go. The link (if you upload it with QUI) shows in your link library (under Products, I believe).
#1371081 by Jacki from Macleod
Sun May 14, 2017 8:27 pm
Did that get you pointed in the right direction, Eyal? That's just the basics to get you started, but it honestly is super easy :D
#1371121 by Leena from cat-breeds-info.com
Mon May 15, 2017 1:37 pm
Hi!

If you have a Mac, I would recommend Scrivener for writing and Vellum for formatting.

Scrivener is cheap and has many useful functions such as storyboarding and split screen (which makes it easy to read your research on one side and type your book on the other). You can use it to compile your ready book into epub, mobi, pdf or word file.

Vellum is really easy to use - you copypaste your word file there and can tweak the appearance of your text right there on the screen and then download the epub and mobi files to your computer.

If you prefer to work with a word file, you could download the free formatting book from Smashwords. I used it to format my first book (Nephilim Quest 1: Shadowhunter) and it took me a few days. (Would have taken a shorter time but I only had a few hours in the evenings to do the formatting). The link is here: https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/52

For my second book (Nephilim Quest 2: Moon Daughter) I used Vellum and the book was formatted in half an hour. I am planning on re-formatting my first book with it now that I need to add pictures of my other book covers at the end. (Yes, you can do this with Vellum).

Leena :)