High-value content that OVERdelivers on search intent is the key to business success with Solo Build It!. Master this to build a C T P engine that drives you to evergrowing "M" (Monetization). Best strategies and recommendations. Ask questions, and get help.

Moderator: Carol from East Anglia

#1372855 by Veronica from Blue Creek
Fri Jun 02, 2017 10:38 pm
I am writing for my home page and I know it's purpose is to describe what my website is about and to link to my other pages.

What I'm writing, will eventually have clickable links to my tier 2. For instance writing a sentence that says we will discuss _____ -- speaking of a topic that will be on a tier 2 page. So until I write that page it will just give a preview of what's to come and once I write that page, it will become a clickable link.

I plan to advise people to subscribe so they are updated as information is added.

Am I doing this right? O do I wait to add these type of things as my website is built?

Thanks in advance for your reply!
Veronica
#1372883 by Jacki from Macleod
Sat Jun 03, 2017 2:19 am
Veronica, you're putting the cart before the horse, a little bit. If you write your T2 pages, it will be fairly obvious what your home page will be about. Make it all tied in together. Now would be a good time to have a look through the TnT articles (link is at the bottom of Site Central) especially this section; http://sbitips.sitesell.com/#C
#1373074 by Veronica from Blue Creek
Mon Jun 05, 2017 8:51 pm
Jacki from Macleod wrote:Veronica, you're putting the cart before the horse, a little bit. If you write your T2 pages, it will be fairly obvious what your home page will be about. Make it all tied in together. Now would be a good time to have a look through the TnT articles (link is at the bottom of Site Central) especially this section; http://sbitips.sitesell.com/#C

I think we are probably talking about me doing the same thing. I've published my homepage, even though I have a little more tweaking to do. Maybe you could look and tell me if I'm on the right track.

Thanks!
Veronica
#1373075 by Elly from professional-counselling.com
Mon Jun 05, 2017 9:12 pm
Great start, Veronica. I love your voice. :-)

It looks you've style some paragraphs in BB though. That's a no-no. Apply style only in SiteDesigner. Take a look at the differences in the size of your fonts and you'll understand what I mean.

Also, be aware not to write too long a sentence. Use the Hemmingway App for a while to help write your content.

Elly
#1373078 by Veronica from Blue Creek
Mon Jun 05, 2017 10:53 pm
Elly from professional-counselling.com wrote:It looks you've style some paragraphs in BB though. That's a no-no. Apply style only in SiteDesigner. Take a look at the differences in the size of your fonts and you'll understand what I mean.

Are you talking about the way I labeled the picture? I just didn't know how to make that happen otherwise. I will see what I can figure out. Otherwise it all should be the font/size/style that I selected in SiteDesigner.

Thanks for your tips!
Veronica
#1373079 by Veronica from Blue Creek
Mon Jun 05, 2017 10:54 pm
Jacki from Macleod wrote:
in a 3X3 raised bed

four 4x10 raised garden beds
What measurement? It's not always obvious...

Good point Jackie! Thanks! I will correct that ASAP.

Veronica
#1373098 by Elly from professional-counselling.com
Tue Jun 06, 2017 7:07 am
Veronica, I mean your content - from limited space onward.

Elly
#1374218 by Veronica from Blue Creek
Sat Jun 17, 2017 11:34 pm
Elly from professional-counselling.com wrote:
Also, be aware not to write too long a sentence. Use the Hemmingway App for a while to help write your content.

Elly

Elly,

Thanks for the tip about the Hemmingway app. I was finally able to download it and I has been very helpful.

Veronica
#1374260 by Elly from professional-counselling.com
Sun Jun 18, 2017 9:33 am
Hi Veronica,

You're welcome. :-)

The Hemingway app is available online also.

Elly