High-value content that OVERdelivers on search intent is the key to business success with Solo Build It!. Master this to build a C T P engine that drives you to evergrowing "M" (Monetization). Best strategies and recommendations. Ask questions, and get help.

Moderator: Carol from East Anglia

#1377737 by Daniel from boosturstocks.com
Fri Jul 28, 2017 2:33 am
I’m done with the basic structure of my website with a few pages in it. I’m in the process of populating it with content. Where do I find Content? There is only so much I can personally write about my niche. I love what I do but I suck at putting in paper what I have in my brain. I’m not a good writer and find difficulty coming up with something to say even when I’m very knowledgeable about the subject.

I notice that many SBIers websites are loaded with pages and pages of content. Some have more than 300 pages of content. I can’t imagine myself being creative enough to even write 10 pages.

Where and how do they find all that information to write about? Do they reproduce articles from published sources such as local papers, magazines, books, etc? Isn’t this plagiarizing? I understand there is such a thing as sourcing out service but this can be expensive, isn’t it?

From reading everything about how to make a website successful it looks like everything boils down to content. So for people who don’t have an imaginative mind for writing and can’t produce enough content for his website is the site doomed to fail?

What are my options? Appreciate your inputs on this.
Last edited by Debs from SiteSell on Fri Jul 28, 2017 7:22 pm, edited 1 time in total. Reason: Changed all caps subject to proper case. All caps is considered yelling online.
#1377738 by Cathy from Francitas
Fri Jul 28, 2017 3:02 am
Hi Daniel,
You can write you just don't know it! You can talk, can't you? I don't mean to sound like a smart a**, but if you can talk you can write. Get a recording device, pick a subject and record yourself talking, just like you would explain it to your best friend.

If you have to, you can let your dog or your cat play the role of best friend. After you've written what you recorded, you can go back and clean it up a bit if you need it to sound a little more polished. (and pass analyse it)
When you get done, read it out loud to yourself (and your dog) to see how natural it sounds. And it's the best way, I've found, to find typo's too :wink:
I doubt you would need to do that more than 2 or 3 times before you'd go straight to your keyboard without the need to record.
Also, the more you do it, the more material and ideas that will flow into your head. And you can get your first ideas from your MLK. Pick your topic, flesh out 3-5 points about it,...You can do it, Just go for it!

Cathy
#1377742 by Mary from Mico
Fri Jul 28, 2017 5:26 am
Hi Daniel,

Cathy's given you an excellent idea.

I want to emphasize her idea of letting the MKL guide where you "find" ideas for content. Truly, be sure to slow down to absorb the Action Guide and then do it step by step. Pretty soon it will be so much easier.

Mary
#1377769 by Jacki from Macleod
Fri Jul 28, 2017 3:43 pm
Now that Brainstormer has grown up, that will give you ideas. Dragon software is a paid for type of speak-and-translate-to-words software, but if you have a PC, it comes pre loaded with speech recognition software. I've seen lots of blogs and sites which use video, and the content is the video, with a transcript of it. Think outside the box!
#1377784 by Daniel from boosturstocks.com
Fri Jul 28, 2017 6:04 pm
Thanks guys for your replies and suggestions. My problem is not the actual writing. I can do this without difficulty. My problem is getting ideas to write about. I can't seem to come up with subjects to write about after I've written a few about my niche. I feel that I've already said everything that needs to be said after having written a few pages.

I guess I will just have to think of something, some gimmick, in lieu of writing content to add to my site to keep visitors interested and hopefully keep coming back. Maybe some kind of free service.

Regards,
Daniel
#1377791 by Dan from Saint Albans Bay
Fri Jul 28, 2017 7:13 pm
Hi Daniel,

Typically you discover your content writing topics as you progress through the Action Guide. It took me 4 months to build my site blueprint. But once it was done it was teaming with winnable T2 and T3 keywords. I knew exactly what to write about and in what order (started with most winnable T2's and T3's to get traffic momentum rolling).

If you just start writing content for the purpose having more pages on your site, you're just playing Russian Roulette with your future income.

My advice would be to go back and complete the Action Guide steps that you skipped over. I know that's not what you want to hear, but there's just no shortcut to following the Action Guide, step-by-step. That is, unless you have deep enough pockets to buy your traffic, along with a profitable sales-funnel conversion rate.

Best wishes!

Dan
#1377820 by Mary from Mico
Sat Jul 29, 2017 7:10 am
Hi Daniel.

I second Dan's comments. ^^^

Be encouraged. The AG is your actual short cut. Watch it. Then "do" it.

Brainstormer will give you the content ideas just the way Dan mentioned.

Mary
#1377850 by Daniel from boosturstocks.com
Sat Jul 29, 2017 4:44 pm
Thanks for all your thoughts. I will go back to AG and see what I missed.

Daniel
#1377854 by Daniel from boosturstocks.com
Sat Jul 29, 2017 6:07 pm
I don't know where to post this question:
How does one start a new topic in these forums?
I used to see a button that said "new topic" but now I don't see it anywhere.

Daniel
#1377856 by Cathy from Francitas
Sat Jul 29, 2017 6:40 pm
Hi Daniel,
You have to get out of this thread by clicking on the 'board index' link at top left corner. Choose forum, then post new topic.
#1377866 by Daniel from boosturstocks.com
Sat Jul 29, 2017 8:13 pm
Hi Cathy,

Did what you suggested. Clicked 'board index' to leave thread. But couldn't see 'forum' to post new topic. There was a blue line that said 'forum' but it was not clickable.
Can you elaborate further?

Thanks,
Daniel
#1377872 by Cathy from Francitas
Sat Jul 29, 2017 8:52 pm
Daniel,
After you click on 'board index' scroll down. You will see all the forums divided into groups (big purple dividers that say Day -1 or Montization and so forth) Under each of those are the topics with blue titles. Scroll down Until until you find what you want...click it...you'll be in that general subject forum. You can scroll deeper into that type of topic from there or start a new thread with button on top left.. Hope that helps.
#1377873 by Daniel from boosturstocks.com
Sat Jul 29, 2017 9:05 pm
Hi Cathy,
It's really funny how I could have missed something that looked so obvious. I see it now and it sure makes me feel stupid not having seen it before.
Thank you very much for clearing up the cobwebs in mind brain. You can stop laughing now!

Daniel