High-value content that OVERdelivers on search intent is the key to business success with Solo Build It!. Master this to build a C T P engine that drives you to evergrowing "M" (Monetization). Best strategies and recommendations. Ask questions, and get help.

Moderator: Carol from East Anglia

33% OFF The World’s Most Effective Web Business-Builder - Solo Build It!
#1375618 by Barrie from Curries Post
Sun Jul 02, 2017 3:11 am
I have a large site with 400 + pages ([Domain Private]) that delivers great content, but large sections are drawing no traffic. Since my other site is in the top 0.4% of sites, I'm sure it's not because the pages are poorly built. But C >T just isn't happening.

How much work is it to peel off pages, and plonk them in a new site? How would one do it?

Bernie
#1375641 by Adrian from fixingscreens.com
Sun Jul 02, 2017 3:09 pm
Since there is no traffic to the pages, and no high quality links pointing to those pages, there is no reason you couldnt copy them, delete them and rebuild them as keyword focused content pages in a new SBI site.

So long as the new page addresses a need thats not being filled, you should do fine
#1375642 by Jacki from Macleod
Sun Jul 02, 2017 3:16 pm
It kind of depends on if the two sites are SBI! or what? In BB2 you can copy all the content from one to another, then use the new 301 system to redirect the traffic, in case of links.
#1375989 by Barrie from Curries Post
Thu Jul 06, 2017 5:21 am
Many thanks Jacki and Adrian.

I'll have to read up about 301.

Would I just clone the page, and then drop it into the new site? And obviously delete from the old site.

B
#1376656 by ken-admin
Thu Jul 13, 2017 8:28 pm
Hi Barrie,

Happened to spot this interesting question. Be careful.

The obvious question is, "why aren't those pages getting traffic?"

This recent post of mine fits what I was talking about here...

https://forums.sitesell.com/viewtopic.php?p=1376295#p1376295

SBI! sites with the most content dominate the 0-200K range at Alexa, a category almost impossible for solopreneurs. That doesn't mean, though, to write any old content of course.

So... should you improve the content that is not ranking or use it in a new site?

What matters most?

Content that OVERdelivers on the search intent of the Specific Keyword of that web page. That's always the prime directive.

So ask yourself, for each page, what is the searcher expecting? Examining the Top 10-20 results at Google will give you a good idea. For example..

SBIers who are writing "Solo Build It! review" pages are already taking back that particular search term from Wealthy Affiliate, ranking in the Top 10 and 20. Why would they start displacing some of the WA reviews?

Those reviews are coming from a completely different type of site, answering the search intent in a different way (NOT linking to WA reviews). Google likes variety in reviews.

Another example...

Someone searching for "Anguilla Villas" may be searching for general info ABOUT villas in Anguilla, or for a list of them (with thumbnail shots and descriptions), or a TIER 2 that leads to more pages about individual villas, etc.

By examining Google's search results, you can learn what search intents Google is trying to satisfy.

--

Now let's get back to you. :-)

If you find that "large sections are drawing no traffic," I'd start at Google SERPs. Identify the intents. You'll find that either...

1) you are not delivering on intent OR

2) you are not OVERdelivering on the content for that intent.

I'm assuming that you have other content of similar difficulty that DOES rank. If someone is just starting out, that person may simply be "pre-snowball."

So, regarding the 2 possibilities...

If those pages are not meeting intent, you either modify the content OR you start a new site that has a new orientation, one that WILL meet intent. Obviously, you would not do this for just one page. But if you have enough pages that do not belong on your site, if there's a whole new angle to take, a new site may be appropriate (if there's actually enough to build a site).

I don't normally recommend that, but if it's related to the original site and you see synergy in having 2 sites that are related, then those pages could serve you well.

On the other hand, if they DO deliver on search intent, take a good, hard look at those pages, comparing them to those competing pages that DO rank. Do you OVERdeliver compared to THOSE pages?

Moving inferior content to a new site is unlikely to fix the problem. Improve it, instead.

Bottom line: "C >T just isn't happening" is only a symptom. Find the cause and you'll know what to do. That's when C Image T Image P Image M will kick right back in for you! :-)

Hope that helps?

All the best,
Ken
#1376657 by Debs from SiteSell
Thu Jul 13, 2017 8:43 pm
Barrie from Curries Post wrote:Many thanks Jacki and Adrian.

I'll have to read up about 301.

Would I just clone the page, and then drop it into the new site? And obviously delete from the old site.

B

Barrie, you can't clone across sites. You would need to copy/paste/redo the page on the new site THEN 301 the old page to the new page.

Debs
#1383550 by Barrie from Curries Post
Wed Oct 11, 2017 8:23 am
Dear Ken,
Thank you so much for your long and detailed reply; it's great to know you care that much about the SBI small fry in the family! yes, I think of it as a family.

It's come in time to stop me in my tracks before setting out on a huge amount of work.

One thing is clear: I need help from someone far more knowledgeable about the things you have written about. Can you recommend one of your consultants who would have a good look at [Domain Private] please? And then help me to decide about the best way forwards.

Many thanks again,

Barrie = Bernie
#1383551 by Barrie from Curries Post
Wed Oct 11, 2017 8:27 am
Thanks Debs for this. Could you make sure Ken gets the above note please.

It's the graphics that worry me. There are literally thousands that I would need to move across to the new site, if I proceed with it.

Is it possible to move the whole photo album across to the new site? I couldn't possibly do it one at a time. If not I think I must dump the whole idea and not start the new site, even though I've paid for it.

Barrie
#1383577 by Debs from SiteSell
Wed Oct 11, 2017 4:12 pm
Hi Barrie,

On the images, you will need to ask Support what's possible if the following won't work. If you have your images in a folder on your computer, you can upload to the new site's Image Library about 10 at a time. Very easy. If you don't, you could ask Support if they can provide you a zip of the images in your Image Library (image-files if you upload your own HTML).

On a consultant, email me for a SiteSell Pro debs (at the domain) sitesell.com
Be sure and include a link to this thread.

All my best,

Debs, Director
SiteSell Pros
#1384033 by Barrie from Curries Post
Tue Oct 17, 2017 4:27 am
Absurd Debs, but I couldn't figure out how to email you as recommended above.

Barrie
#1384057 by Debs from SiteSell
Tue Oct 17, 2017 2:54 pm
Barrie

Just take out (at the domain) and the spaces on either side and insert @ ... that is the email address to use; or you can use our contact form here: http://pros.sitesell.com/Forms/contact.html

Either way it will get to me ;)

It isn't recommended to post emails online as they will be eaten alive by spambots. Then your inbox overflows. Great if you are lonely, not so when you are busy ;) Changing the @ to (at the domain) keeps most of them at bay.

Debs