High-value content that OVERdelivers on search intent is the key to business success with Solo Build It!. Master this to build a C T P engine that drives you to evergrowing "M" (Monetization). Best strategies and recommendations. Ask questions, and get help.

Moderator: Carol from East Anglia

#1389359 by Jonathan from [NO DOMAIN YET]-[Los Angeles]
Wed Jan 03, 2018 10:16 pm
Hi everyone! I have a question - my husband and I wanted to start a blog immediately to share our story as we travel across the US. We already got started using wordpress and bluehost because we didn't want to rush through the action guide just to have a blog. Would it make sense to scrap what we started and continue going through the action guide, or combine our current blog with SBI once we have a site? FYI, our SBI business concept will be based on our story and life experience. I hope I've made this clear.
Last edited by Debs from SiteSell on Thu Jan 04, 2018 2:58 pm, edited 1 time in total. Reason: Off topic posts to Introduction thread; split & moved here.
#1389360 by Jacki from Macleod
Wed Jan 03, 2018 10:31 pm
Hi Jon, welcome back :D

Questions about your site would get answers in the right forum. This one is just for introductions. :)
#1389363 by Jonathan from [NO DOMAIN YET]-[Los Angeles]
Wed Jan 03, 2018 10:56 pm
Hi Jacki, sorry I know this is only for intros but I'm on my phone and can't seem to access the other forums for some reason. Not sure why. Is there a link somewhere that I'm not seeing? Thanks!
#1389366 by Jacki from Macleod
Thu Jan 04, 2018 12:28 am
Jonathan from [NO DOMAIN YET]-[South Burlington] wrote:Is there a link somewhere that I'm not seeing?
I don't have a phone, so I'm not sure what to tell you :?
#1389392 by Debs from SiteSell
Thu Jan 04, 2018 3:02 pm
What do you plan for content for your SBI! site vs what you plan for the WP Blog? That is a huge part of how to handle the two, or if it should be done with just one.

FYI: There are breadcrumbs you can use to navigate the forums a bit, but you should see a Menu icon at the top the 3 bars will help there; plus I landed on the index (home) page of the forums, so I can see all of the sections listed. Not sure why you aren't seeing that unfortunately.

All my best,

#1389401 by Jacki from Macleod
Thu Jan 04, 2018 4:44 pm
Ah, I see Debs moved your post, Jon. I would concentrate on your new SBI! site, then you can have your blog attached to it via InfinIt! if you want. It's possible that once you get rolling you'll see a better way forward,
#1389457 by Wendy C (EelKat) from La Puente
Fri Jan 05, 2018 10:47 am
Jacki from Macleod wrote:you can have your blog attached to it via InfinIt!

This is what I was gonna suggest as well.
#1389496 by Jonathan from [NO DOMAIN YET]-[Los Angeles]
Fri Jan 05, 2018 7:12 pm
Thank you all for the feedback. I totally get why it makes sense to work through SBI and have the blog through infinite! But I'm literally on the road as we speak with my husband traveling the country and we were hoping to blog as we go, which means we need a Blog platform right now. But I don't want to rush through SBI just to have a Blog, so I just wasn't sure if I should just stick to telling our story and sharing our experiences in a separate blog and then taking time to build an SBI business apart from that. The idea that we had for our SBI business would be very much based on our life story and experiences which again is why I was asking if they should be combined or if I could just combine the blog at a later time.
#1389499 by Jacki from Macleod
Fri Jan 05, 2018 7:47 pm
I would be ultra careful not to duplicate it. The blog could be more of a road map, then refer to more info on the website, maybe? I agree, don't rush it.
#1389511 by Debs from SiteSell
Fri Jan 05, 2018 9:51 pm
If you are going to use Infin It!, do the connection before you post to your blog. Otherwise you could have a mess later. I've often recommended if you want to connect an existing blog that has traffic you do it with menu links not Infin It! to avoid the mess later ;)

All my best,