High-value content that OVERdelivers on search intent is the key to business success with Solo Build It!. Master this to build a C T P engine that drives you to evergrowing "M" (Monetization). Best strategies and recommendations. Ask questions, and get help.

Moderator: Carol from East Anglia

#1393730 by Sharron from Perth Western Australia
Mon Mar 05, 2018 8:34 am
Despite the action guide and block builder encouraging 400-word minimum homepage, I notice that a lot of really successful SBI sites homepages use less than 250 words. Am I missing something?
#1393754 by Jacki from Macleod
Mon Mar 05, 2018 5:52 pm
The 400 word recommendation is a guide only.
#1393759 by Debs from SiteSell
Mon Mar 05, 2018 6:15 pm
That wouldn't surprise me for a well-niched site, with a good number of pages. The reason is how Google's PageRank works, all pages linking to a specific page help to build its link popularity. Google's biggest known ranking signal has always been quality inbound links to a page. Even though its power within the over 200 ranking signals Google uses in its algorithm has decreased over time, it is still powerful enough.

Personally I wouldn't necessarily start out that way but I would do A/B split testing once my site had a good number of pages and good traffic to see if it made a positive difference to have less words on the home page or not. As we've seen over time, designs have evolved a lot so definitely worth testing.

All my best,