Share and discuss Solo Build It!'s BlockBuilder 2 strategies and tips. Get help using BlockBuilder. If you're converting pages from the old BlockBuilder, find tips to make the switch easier.

Moderators: A J from Somewhere Hot, Laura from Chautauqua

#1378862 by Jacob from Embudo
Fri Aug 11, 2017 8:20 pm
If Debs is not online today, what is the best way to reach another SiteSell Pro? (remember: our email is not working) Our email has been down for a week now. I am hoping to get some assistance today...
Thanks,
Barbara Lambert
#1378870 by Debs from SiteSell
Fri Aug 11, 2017 10:46 pm
Hi Barbara,

I'm very sorry you are running into such challenges with this.

Transferring a domain does NOT transfer your site. You have to do the site manually, page by page. The email belongs with and will transfer with a domain. MX It! will work with an existing email account, like Gmail. If you don't have a live email account at NetNation, there is nothing to MX with. I'm not saying this is your issue, just thinking it might be. You could reach out to Support and have them check/test your MX set up but you need a separate email to communicate with them (see my suggestion below).

http://support.sitesell.com/contact-support.html

What I would recommend is to transfer the domain back to NetNation so your site and email are working again. You need the site live in order to copy it over anyway.

Then I would do the transfer step by step this way:

1. Set up a temporary domain with SBI!

2. Set up the design you want to use (Pros can usually emulate
an existing design, or prepare a standard new design if you need help).

3. Copy pages/posts over to SBI! using our pagebuilder (BB2). We
could estimate this work after looking at the existing site if you want.

I also recommend you read the Action Guide, and doing it this way
gives you time to do so. Reviewing pages during the move process
will help in seeing which pages need removed and which need
updates.

4. Once everything is converted, then move the original domain over
and replace the temporary domain. The site never goes down. Keep
in mind any email attached to your original domain will also move over.

Support (free) gets involved in the domain transfer, and it would require the purchase of one Name Park It! account to do the transfer. Approximately $12 USD.

5. Immediately set up the email accounts in SBI! Webmail to replace
NetNation account(s) OR

6. Set up a secondary domain (similar to your existing original
domain) at NetNation and redirect all the email there (or use
the original for email at NetNation, and the secondary for the
new SBI! site.

Keeping the original at NetNation will change the steps here a bit, #4 and #5 would no longer be needed.

For communication with Pros or SiteSell Support, email is
essential. I suggest you set up a free email account with
Gmail, Hotmail, Yahoo or similar so you can at least
communicate until your domain email is working again.

I know this seems like a lot of work, and it is. But when an existing site is involved, it is best to use a cautionary, slower pace in moving everything.

Please email me and we can discuss this further. debs (at the domain) sitesell.com

All my best,

Debs
#1378882 by Jeff from dogquotations.com
Sat Aug 12, 2017 9:07 am
Jacob from Embudo wrote:Debs,
When our Domain Name was transferred to SBI, we specifically told them it was our Domain Name only, that our email was to remain with NetNation. However, when the transfer went thru, both our website & our email was transferred. This resulted in an undeveloped website, and our office email would no longer work. At this point, we do need the SiteSell Pros. However, I cannot email you, as our email is not working. We used "MX It" to redirect our email back to NetNation, however the "MX It" does not appear to process our request. Is the MX It working?
Please help me,
Barbara Lambert

Hi Barbara.

Did you use this as the MX record in MX It? mx.siteprotect.com. And a priority of 10? Both of those are required to send your mail back through NetNation.

If you did that, and things still aren't working, it may be that you haven't given it enough time. It usually takes upwards of 24 hours before the change is completed.

If things still aren't working by this time tomorrow, then there may be a bug somewhere in the system, or it may be something at NetNation's end. It may be wise to contact their support and ask for clarification about what you need to enter at the SBI end. Also ask for SPF and DKIM records, if they provide them.

I'll also add, regarding your website itself, that if you still have access to the NetNation file servers, head over there and download the HTML files for your site (if they were built in HTML). Then you can modify them slightly to use with the Upload Your Own HTML module. That will likely be faster than rebuilding each page manually with BlockBuilder.

If the files are no longer available, you have two options... Go to archive.org and look for the most recent snapshot of your site. Then copy the content for each page and paste it into text documents (one per page). Click and hold on each image and drag them to your computer desktop. Improve the image file names, if required/desired, and then start building each page in BB2.

The other option is to do what Debs said, to transfer the domain name back to NetNation until you have everything set up there again. But if you then want to transfer it back to SBI!, you're looking at at least 7 days for both transfers to complete.

I think it will be faster and easier to use archive.org to grab the content and images and build the pages in BB2.

BTW, I'm the email/MX SiteSell Pro, if you need any help beyond what I discussed above.
#1378885 by Debs from SiteSell
Sat Aug 12, 2017 2:06 pm
I haven't received an email from you Barbara, please do email me so we can get you all fixed up!

debs (at the domain) sitesell.com

Replace the parentheses and what's between them with the @ symbol. No spaces either.

Debs
#1378887 by Laura from Golden
Sat Aug 12, 2017 2:29 pm
Hi Barbara,

Laura from SiteSell Support here.

I'm so sorry this has been a confusing experience for you.

Please do what Jeff says about the MX records right way. If however, this is still confusing try the following...

http://build.sitesell.com/manage.html

You'll need your "domain management" username and password. (This is different from the username and password you use to log into Site Central.)

Change the nameservers back to your previous host's. If you do not know what the nameservers are, please ask them.

I have looked it up here...

http://www.netnation.com/support/switchsteps.php

...where it shows this as the nameservers...

Primary Server: w.dns.netnation.com
Secondary Server: x.dns.netnation.com

This will get your site back up live and get your email to work right away (up to 24 hours). This will give you breathing room while you get the site built in SBI!.

NOTE: There is no reason to actually transfer the domain back to your previous host, just change the nameservers as above.

Now you can take your time to learn the system and rebuild the site here in your SBI! account.

Find out the MX records from your previous host and enter them in MX It!. MX It! can be found in the BusinessCenter section of Site Central >> http://login.sitesell.com/

This will not change your mail service yet as the nameservers will not be SiteSell's. We're just getting them ready for when you do change the nameservers back to SiteSell's so it will be a much more smooth transition.

Once the site is rebuilt and the MX records are in place, you can change the nameservers back to SiteSell's...

NS1.SITESELL.COM
NS2.SITESELL.COM

As you rebuild the site in BlockBuilder, you will not see your template/design (until you change the nameservers back to SiteSell's). If it is important to see (preview) the pages in the current template/design as you build them, there are extra steps that you will need to do (optional)...

Ask Support to grant a domain name change and downgrade the domain to NPI! (requires purchasing an NPI! for $11.99 USD). You may need to change the nameservers back to the previous host's after this move to NPI!).

Register a new domain.

Begin building your site.

When done, ask Support to make the original domain ([Domain Private]) available to use with Move It! (There will be extra steps the programmers need to do since this domain was previous an SBI!).

Then use Move It! to move your site to [Domain Private].

You may need to re-enter the MX records again after the move.

Update the nameservers back to SiteSell's. (You may need to change the nameservers before using Move It!; check with Support.)

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Best regards,
Laura
SiteSell Support Team
#1379066 by Jacob from Embudo
Tue Aug 15, 2017 4:11 pm
Debs,
(Sorry, I had the day off yesterday) If I understand your message correctly, then it IS possible at this point to transfer everything back to NetNation in order to have our website back up and our email back up. I was under the impression that our status with SBI was on a 60 day lock. Please let me know right away if we can do that to restore everything to working order!
Thanks,
Barbara Lambert
#1379088 by Jacob from Embudo
Tue Aug 15, 2017 7:51 pm
Jeff,
We do not see where to set a priority of 10 in MX It. Where would that be entered?
Thanks,
Barbara Lambert
#1379097 by Jacob from Embudo
Tue Aug 15, 2017 9:56 pm
Laura from SiteSell Support,
I have asked my boss, and it appears that nobody here has any user name and password other than the one we use to sign in to SiteSell. So the Domain Management site is unavailable to us.
Can you help?
Barbara Lambert
#1379127 by Carol from East Anglia
Wed Aug 16, 2017 9:04 am
Hi Barbara,

I believe when you did the transfer you should have received an e-mail called something like SBI! MAIL. That e-mail should include your domain management login details.

Regards,

Carol
#1379148 by Debs from SiteSell
Wed Aug 16, 2017 12:50 pm
If you didn't get the emails, you can ask Support to resend. However, you do need a good email in order to receive them. You should also update the email in your My Account to a good email until you get everything back working properly. Then you can change it back.

Debs
#1379163 by Jacob from Embudo
Wed Aug 16, 2017 2:46 pm
Carol,
Thanks for the suggestion for where to locate the passwords. Unfortunately, I lost everything in my previous email due to these issues. So I have no way to go back & find the info.
Debs,
I updated my email in My Account. I had asked you yesterday in this Forum if you could just revert everything back to NetNation for now, so we can have our website back & our email back. I also sent you an email. I have not received a response on this yet. Our company NEEDS our website back up asap, and our email as well. I hope you received the email I sent to you. I sent it to [Email Private] yesterday. Or you can just let me know here if you didn't get my email. Can you revert us back to NetNation?
Thanks,
Barbara Lambert
#1379175 by Jacob from Embudo
Wed Aug 16, 2017 5:43 pm
Debs,
SiteSell Support just changed our nameservers in Domain Management back to NetNation. They said it may take 24 hrs to show up on the web. Just FYI.
Thanks,
Barbara Lambert