By the time mobile (smartphone) growth stabilizes, mobile will drive 40%-50%+ of your visitors! This is a tremendous opportunity to build a strong NEW stream of traffic. To maximize that, present a high-quality, highly usable "mobile" version of your site. Optimize for other mobile-specific issues. This forum discusses all that and, more generally, how to maximize this opportunity to grow your e-business income. Oh yes - tablets covered, too.

Moderator: A J from Somewhere Hot

#1395402 by Kay from Florida
Tue Apr 03, 2018 5:42 pm
Hello all,

I'm just now in the process of getting my site ready for mobile devices and I need to resize the images on my site. Problem is, I don't think I have all those images on my current computer, so I can't access them that way.

Is there a way to access the images in the Image Library to resize them? Can we download them from the image library?

Thanks!

Kay
#1395408 by Jacki from Macleod
Tue Apr 03, 2018 8:26 pm
You can totally download them from the image library. Just preview them, right click and choose save as. Rename it because it just gives it a bunch of numbers. However, if by 'resize' you mean bigger, they may lose quality if you make them too much bigger. Other option; go to the page where the image is and drag the handles to resize them on page.
#1395413 by Kay from Florida
Tue Apr 03, 2018 9:15 pm
Just another question...

We are supposed to keep the images for the mobile version of our site at 150 px. Does this apply only to width or also to height?

Thanks!

Kay
#1395791 by Kay from Florida
Sun Apr 08, 2018 7:33 pm
Thanks, Jacki.

I'm not sure if I am using a responsive template. I think it probably is not. How will I be able to tell?

Pardon my ignorance...

Kay
#1395797 by Will from Los Ojos
Sun Apr 08, 2018 9:34 pm
Kay from Florida wrote:Hello all,

I'm just now in the process of getting my site ready for mobile devices and I need to resize the images on my site. Problem is, I don't think I have all those images on my current computer, so I can't access them that way.

Is there a way to access the images in the Image Library to resize them? Can we download them from the image library?

Thanks!

Kay

Kay from Florida wrote:Just another question...

We are supposed to keep the images for the mobile version of our site at 150 px. Does this apply only to width or also to height?

Thanks!

Kay

Hi Kay,

You're using a Mobilize It template. I've looked at a couple of pages in the sandbox and they look good as far as I can see.

The images will scale fine on mobile without doing anything to them. What does the Help file say about images needing to be 150px? I don't remember that part. Do you have a link for that page? I can't see any reason why you need to do anything with grab handles either.

When you're ready, you can slide the MobilizeIt slider from Test to On. If you don't like it, just slide the slider back to Test.

Will

PS If you want the images back on your PC, you just download them like Jacki says.
#1396072 by Kay from Florida
Fri Apr 13, 2018 11:32 pm
Thank you, Will, I didn't realize the images would scale.

I had read in the BB2 Mobilize It Optimization article that you had to resize the images to no wider than 150 px, but I see now that that applies to the Extra Column.

So all images in the Content column will automatically resize?

Thanks,

Kay
#1396076 by Will from Los Ojos
Sat Apr 14, 2018 12:44 am
Now you have me, Karen, I never heard that one before. I imagine they would scale OK, but there's only one way to find out.

This site is a BB2 Mobilize It site, with images in the right column.
[Domain Private]/tsjechie-met-kinderen.html

Imagehttps://www.screencast.com/t/tUuGCQ5A

They only have 1 version of the image on the page, and it seems to scale OK. The originals are 200px wide.

I guess there's only one way to find out :)

Will