Announcements about Solo Build it!, SBI! for WP, WordPress, and other related news and announcements are posted here. You can either follow the news here, in Site Central, via the SBIX newsletter or in your WordPress dashboard (if using SBI! for WordPress).

Moderator: Debs from SiteSell

#1378358 by Cath from Italy
Fri Aug 04, 2017 12:35 pm
Help Elf! I want to hug you! :lol::lol::lol:

Seriously - I have just worked my way through your TLDR. It is perfect! :D

I have to admit to starting Ken's posts and then getting lost - interruptions, the need to eat and sleep, and so on... (Sorry Ken... :? ).

But your TLDR instructions are so clear, I can now see exactly what this can mean for my sites - and it's a huge amount! Really!

And the really great thing is, now I understand where it's coming from, I can go back to Ken's posts and re-read them with a lot more understanding. :D:D

Honestly - if anyone else is reading this and thinking "I really don't have the time", or if you tried these tasks before and got a bit lost or didn't quite understand the figures, take the HE TLDR, work through it and you'll find so many hidden gems there. Just do it!

And -- horaaay! - it's the weekend, so I have all weekend to play with it!

Watch out everyone else - I may just be on my way to the $1,000 prize...

Thanks, HE.

Cath.
#1378382 by Lisa from Barrasway De Plate
Fri Aug 04, 2017 6:10 pm
Thank you for the new Brainstorm It. I love being able to see at a glance on my MKL whether I've written a page about a particular keyword or not. I also love the new filters. I've spent some time playing with them to determine which pages to build next and which pages to focus on improving. I've downloaded the data from various filters and combined it all into a single spreadsheet to create a good list of articles to write and articles to improve over the next several months. August is slower for me because my kids are off school, and they are my first priority, but once they go back to school in September, it's time to buckle down again with a great, data-based action plan courtesy of BI! 4.0.
#1378411 by Karen from Mackey
Sat Aug 05, 2017 1:32 am
Thanks help elf for the short explanation and Lisa for suggesting to put it in a spreadsheet.
I put the "can rank higher" filter together with the "where is the traffic" then I marked if the page was a t2 or a t3 and what it linked too. Now which pages I should rewrite first.
#1378688 by Help Elf from SiteSell
Wed Aug 09, 2017 5:02 pm
Hi Julie. Unless your niche is very cyclical (seasonal changes, etc.), there's not much that is likely to be learned by doing it more than every 6 months to 1 year. If it is seasonal, you'll probably want to do it quarterly, but a month or two in advance of the change in seasons.
#1378818 by Jim from Helm
Fri Aug 11, 2017 12:58 am
While working on the contest, I wanted to update the Google adword info with the Get Google $ task. But it seems like I do not have an AdWords account.

Setting up the account requires entering a budget as well as an ad. Is this new? I really don't want to place an ad and don't really have the time to write one. Also, there was a field to enter comma separated keywords; not sure if up to 1000 could be loaded there.

Has anyone gone through the process recently? Can't find any recent post on the subject.

Thanks.
#1378846 by Cath from Italy
Fri Aug 11, 2017 3:51 pm
Hi Jim,

Yes, I did this recently and definitely did not set up a budget or an ad. I just followed the instructions in our "Help" here: http://help.sitesell.com/brainstormit/m ... #GGD-SETUP

As far as I remember, you skip the whole thing about ads, and use the drop-down shown in the Help screenshot (tools>keyword planner) and then follow from #6 in the Help section "Steps to Retrieve and Import Google Data".

Worked for me, anyway...

Good luck!

Cath.
#1378848 by Jim from Helm
Fri Aug 11, 2017 4:37 pm
Hi Cath,

Those are the directions I have been trying to use.

It may have something to do with an admin function in google accounts. Looks like AdWords must be turned on for all users.

Will find out if that works.

Thanks.
#1378872 by Jim from Helm
Sat Aug 12, 2017 1:21 am
After signing in I once again got to the enter campaign page. I called the support number on the upper right corner of the screen. It was under the account number.

I explained that I did not want to place an ad, but wanted to research keywords.

The solution was to open another tab and enter adwords.google.com. That took me to the keyword planner in its current incarnation.

The directions once I got to the planner were in a new format, but available.

I now have the data from google in my mkl.
#1378897 by Tracey from Du Toitskloof
Sat Aug 12, 2017 10:23 pm
Am playing around in BI! 4.0 ( sooo cool!!) and just noticed that my most trafficked page is NOT in the MKL. So strange. I thought the SEHQ brainstorm would bring back all the keywords that were used to build pages, and are in the SEHQ. Just double checked, and the page is being found for that keyword, got the most traffic on my site for the last month or 2 (except for my home page) but it is not coming up in brainstorm it? Anyone else have that issue with "missing" keywords and pages??

I realise that Google searches are not well represented in the MKL but I am seeing really low numbers there, compared to the numbers I see when I use SEHQ functionality to see what keywords are being used to find pages. Is this normal? To what time period are these BI/MKL figures referring for traffic - the last 3 months? The last month? the last week?

Thanks, appreciate any enlightenment!! :-)
#1378922 by Help Elf from SiteSell
Sun Aug 13, 2017 11:35 am
Jim, I'll review the help again (probably the 20th time that Google has changed things) and make any changes needed. I just updated the help a few weeks ago, but it wouldn't surprise me if things are different again.