Announcements about Solo Build it!, SBI! for WP, WordPress, and other related news and announcements are posted here. You can either follow the news here, in Site Central, via the SBIX newsletter or in your WordPress dashboard (if using SBI! for WordPress).

Moderator: Debs from SiteSell

#1363986 by ken-admin
Wed Feb 01, 2017 5:51 pm
Hi Everyone. Help Elf here, with a new release for you.

A few days ago, SBIers reported receiving a lot of spam through their FBI! forms. Someone had come up with a way to get past our challenge graphic.

So we decided that we'd give you the option to use Google's reCaptcha to help cut down on the spam you receive.

As of right now, you can connect to reCaptcha through Connected Services. Once you've done that, every form that has the spam protection activated will immediately be rebuilt by the system. Anyone using your forms after the rebuild will see a reCaptcha challenge instead of our in-house one.

To get started, see the Connected Services help for reCaptcha...

Let us know what you think, right here in this thread.

If you have any problems connecting to reCaptcha, or if you switched and your forms are still showing the old challenge graphic after 3-4 hours, contact Support. They will investigate.

P.S. We'll be rolling this out to Content 2.0 invitations soon, and to the newsletter signup form.

Until next time,

Help Elf
#1364037 by Troy from Australia
Thu Feb 02, 2017 6:51 am
I was fine until I got to the part where it says... "Back in Connected Services, click on Connect for reCaptcha". Where do you find "connected services"? For the life of me I couldn't find it?

Thanks. :(
#1364166 by David from
Fri Feb 03, 2017 11:52 am
Yay - it works!

One thing for people to note, is that in BlockBuilder, when you Preview your contact page with the reCaptcha activated, the reCaptcha box will give an error message - Don't worry about this...

The error message relates to the reCaptcha 'Site Key' being incorrect. This is because when you set up the reCaptcha, you added / registered your website's address. You'll see that the BlockBuilder's Preview window has a different website address to the one you registered with reCaptcha, hence the verification error when previewing your page.

When you refresh your own website after building it, the reCaptcha works perfectly :D

All the best,
#1364168 by Sarah from The Land of the Long White Cloud
Fri Feb 03, 2017 12:50 pm
One of the things I love most about SBI! is how I don't have to struggle (and waste my time!) with tech stuff like this.

I was getting 20-30 spam emails a day and now I've implemented a fix in about 2 minutes flat and I'm back to biz building.

Thanks! :D
#1364209 by Susan from sunny (read: hot) central Florida
Fri Feb 03, 2017 10:35 pm
DONE! Surprised that a simple click will suffice ... I guess there's MUCH MORE to this though, that Google runs some kind of check or what?? shoulder shrug
#1364532 by Website from Atka
Tue Feb 07, 2017 8:47 pm
Fantastic; thank you! I don't get much spam, but this is a much better user experience so I just implemented it! When you enable it for Content 2.0 and newsletter signup, will that automagically implement if we've enabled recaptcha, or will we need to separately activate it?

#1364552 by Michael from
Wed Feb 08, 2017 2:30 am
Thank you Help Elf!
I was getting tired of getting spam through my contact form, so this should do the trick. Very easy to install too as we expect from you! :D

#1364659 by Lyman V from Terra Bella
Thu Feb 09, 2017 9:40 am
What I do is, every time I get an obvious spam response through any of my forms, I find the IP address of the sender. I copy it to the clipboard. Then I make a MS-Outlook "Rule" for any email that has that IP address in the body of the message, and send it to the delete file. Over time, the "spam" IP rules stack up, while the number of spam emails in my in box goes down. I get spam from a particular computer once, and that's it. Nothing more will ever be accepted from that computer.