Announcements about Solo Build it!, SBI! for WP, WordPress, and other related news and announcements are posted here. You can either follow the news here, in Site Central, via the SBIX newsletter or in your WordPress dashboard (if using SBI! for WordPress).

Moderator: Debs from SiteSell

#1373297 by ken-admin
Thu Jun 08, 2017 5:37 pm
Hi Everyone. Help Elf here. Today's release is something that anyone using the Action Guide is going to appreciate. A lot!

Interactive Tasks

In all 10 DAYs of the AG, wherever there's a task (e.g., watch a video, read an article, download a PDF, customize your site design, etc.), we've added a task for it at the end of that Step (or at the end of that section of a longer Step).

Click on the checkmark to indicate that you've completed that task.

Then look up at the top of the page. You'll see a progress bar appear, telling you how many tasks you've completed in that DAY, and giving you an indication of how many more there are to complete in that DAY.

Next, click on the checkmark button in the menu on the right. You'll see a list of all of the tasks for that DAY. Each one that you've completed already (and checked as completed) also has a check here in the list.

Finally, scroll to the bottom of the page, to the list of outcomes for that DAY. Each task is listed there as well, attached to the Step where you took that action. Use that as a final review that you have indeed completed all the tasks before you move on to the next DAY of the Action Guide.

You'll notice that each page now shows a "throbber," which is an indicator that something is happening. The interactivity requires some JQuery and JSON, which means that not just HTML is loaded into your browser. This takes a few seconds, which is why we show the throbber.

Enquiring minds (this one, at least) want to know how you like it. Please let us know right here in this thread.

If you find any issues (you don't see the progress bar, or you can't click on a checkmark, or the page content never loads), please contact Support. I have tested this several times, so I don't foresee any problems, but just in case. :oops:

Oh, and one other thing. I've moved the link to the Business-Building Checklist to the end of the Action Guide Introduction page, in the Using, and Getting the Most From, the Action Guide section. And we're using the checkmark button to indicate the list of tasks in the menu on the right of each DAY.

One final note, I promise! The tasks interactivity is account-based. So if you have more than one SBI! site under the same account (when you log in, you have to select which site to work on), the checkmarks will be the same for each site.

Until next time!

Help Elf
#1373301 by Gerhild from Just like Oma
Thu Jun 08, 2017 6:36 pm
I LOVE it!

It almost makes me want to go through the Action Guide again, just to mark all the tasks as done. Well, actually, I think I'll take some time and do that. I'll possibly ... make that probably ... find some tasks that need doing or need doing over again. :roll:

Thanks for this upgrade!

Gerhild :)