Announcements about Solo Build it!, SBI! for WP, WordPress, and other related news and announcements are posted here. You can either follow the news here, in Site Central, via the SBIX newsletter or in your WordPress dashboard (if using SBI! for WordPress).

Moderator: Debs from SiteSell

#1377181 by ken-admin
Thu Jul 20, 2017 7:03 pm
Hi Everyone. Help Elf here.

Brainstorm It! 4.0 is not quite ready. Actually, it's ready, but the help and AG revisions aren't. It absolutely will be out next week.

To lessen your disappointment, I have some good news for BB2 users...

Strikethrough, Superscript and Subscript

The Text Block has three new options, which you'll find by clicking on the new Advanced Options gear button in the Font section of the toolbar (yikes, that was a mouthful!).

Have you ever seen text in an article or blog post that had a line through it? That's called a strikethrough. You can now do it yourself. It's particularly useful when editing, or to draw emphasis to what you think a good word is, but you're using another one instead.

Highlight the text you want to strike, click on the gear button in the Font section, and click on the strikethrough button. You'll see a horizontal line through the text that was highlighted.

If you reference information you've researched in your content, you can now add a link to it from the content, in the normal superscript method. Superscript text is small and sits up near the top of letters.

To use it for a reference, I recommend creating all the content, including the references at the bottom of the page. Add an anchor to each reference. Then return to the content that references a footnote. Add a number (1, 2, etc.). Make it a link to the anchor at the bottom of the page. When that's done, highlight the number, click on the gear button, and click on the superscript button.

You'll see the number shrink and move up in the row of characters.

If you have a math or science site, you probably use subscripts a lot (for things like H20 or O2). Now you can make the number appear as a subscript. Highlight the number, click on the gear button, and click on the subscript button.

You'll see the number shrink and move down, slightly below the row of characters.

The help for all three tools is ... XT-OPTIONS

Please let Support know if something isn't working the way you expect.

Over the next couple of months, we'll be adding other enhancements here and there. Stay tuned to see what's coming next.

Until next time,

Help Elf
#1377186 by Carol from East Anglia
Thu Jul 20, 2017 8:21 pm
Excellent! That superscript will also be very useful for the degrees C or F for recipe sites. Thank you.

#1377232 by Cath from Italy
Fri Jul 21, 2017 9:30 am
I reference resources all the time in my information - the superscript button will be soooooooo helpful, look so much more professional and save me so much time!

Thank you, Help Elf!

#1377262 by Wendy C (EelKat) from La Puente
Fri Jul 21, 2017 5:32 pm
Just tested them all out.... love every one of them! :D

I'd been using these already, but was doing it with the html block... this way makes it soooooo much easier to do now. :)
#1377289 by Susan from Ash Flat
Sat Jul 22, 2017 12:58 am
Thanks Help Elf :) Just one teeny thing, the link to the Help isn't working, small typo. It's easy enough for us to figure out what the url should be but figured you may want to fix it up. Thanks again, these are awesome.
#1377303 by Mary from Mico
Sat Jul 22, 2017 4:50 am
Thank you HE and SBI!

Dick. Thank you for your note, too.

I would not have figured to use this for fractions without your having shown the way.

#1377306 by Marylyn from
Sat Jul 22, 2017 5:52 am
Thank you HE and SBI!

Eye - Eye
eye2.gif (17.13 KiB) Viewed 1160 times

BB2 Text additions
mary's-lamb.jpg (13.97 KiB) Viewed 1160 times

Perfect - Thank you :!:

Thumbs up
tenor.gif (1003.86 KiB) Viewed 1160 times

#1377327 by Cath, SiteSell Content Team
Sat Jul 22, 2017 1:35 pm
I've used these already on one of my sites and they're brill! Sooooooo much easier to do annotations and, as Mary said, thank you Dick for the heads-up about using them for fractions.

Thank you, helpful Help Elf!