Announcements about Solo Build it!, SBI! for WP, WordPress, and other related news and announcements are posted here. You can either follow the news here, in Site Central, via the SBIX newsletter or in your WordPress dashboard (if using SBI! for WordPress).

Moderator: Debs from SiteSell

#1388365 by ken-admin
Fri Dec 15, 2017 4:49 pm
When I look at forum posts from newbies (and there have been a lot recently -- welcome!), the one piece of advice I see all the time from experienced SBIers is “Follow the Action Guide.”

There’s a good reason for that. The Action Guide is at the heart of Solo Build It!. It’s an asset that no other company can claim. Together with our suite of tools (Brainstorm It!, Search It!, etc.) and our forums, it’s what helps make SBIers “Everyday people building extraordinary businesses -- every day!”

Over the years, as SBIers have moved to add “active” social media to their business, one thing slowly became clear. Despite the articles that we’ve added about social media, SBIers do only slightly better than other solopreneurs. And frankly, given the increased site traffic of SBIers, they should be doing better.

That’s when it hit me. In SBI!, the Action Guide does all the spade work so that you don’t have to. If you simply follow and execute, you’ll do much better than “regular” folks, as proven by several rigorous and objective studies that we’ve published recently. So…

Why not do the same for social media? Provide the proven step-by-step process to succeed at each of the major platforms? It’s the same reasoning -- you just don’t have the time to figure it out, keep up, etc.

I’d forgotten how hard it is to create an AG from scratch. We needed help from successful SBIers who do not do “internet marketing” as their business. The dynamics are different compared to regular niches such as food or travel.

Now I think we’ve got it right! Soooooooo…

The revised and updated Pinterest Action Guide is live!

It’s a great addition to our toolkit. With the same format as the Action Guide itself, it’s a detailed, step-by-step walkthrough from start to finish. It assumes you know nothing about Pinterest, and takes you from there to being a “Winner Pinner.” Screenshots, examples from experienced and successful SBIers’ Pinterest accounts, bring it to life and drive points home. In short…

It’s everything you need to succeed, all in one package. Yes, just like the original! 😀 And just like the original, it’s long!

It needs to be. If you’re going to be successful at it, there’s a lot more to Pinterest than meets the eye. It just can’t be done in a bunch of articles, or by giving theory without examples of practice.

It’s just not as simple as pinning an image and hoping it somehow magically brings traffic to your business.

It won’t. Ironically, though, once you complete the Pinterest Action Guide (PAG) and start to get results, you’ll wonder why it seemed long. Like any journey, the first try is the one that takes the longest.

That’s why the Action Guide concept is so important. Without a guide to help you step by step, day by day, most folks simply find it too hard to figure out and to keep up with.

A well researched, properly crafted pin, supported by a proven-to-win process, will save you tons of time. Trial and error doesn’t seem to take as much time, but the reality is that the false steps and counterproductive advice (including differing opinions) ends up chewing up much more time, while getting much less out of it.

The PAG will make sure you reach your Pinterest goals, which work with your website to grow your Brand of One and highly targeted traffic. Your presence won’t just be “good enough” -- it’ll be grrrrreat...

So become Pintastic!

Thanks to everyone who has had a hand in creating this -- especially to the SBIers who took part in the “Take an Interest in Pinterest” Challenge here in the forums during the summer. A little Elf tells me your enthusiasm and willingness to “help and be helped” played a big part in helping us develop the PAG to what it is now.

A great resource. A great addition to SBI!.

So remember: if Pinterest is part of your traffic-building and monetization strategy, as well as “follow the Action Guide,” you need to “follow the Pinterest Action Guide.”

Go get it!

All the best,

P.S. There are Pinterest courses that cost hundreds of dollars that aren’t as good as this. Building out an entire suite of Action Guides is, from our point of view, the equivalent of building an entire suite of new products.

(The irony here is that, just as we were finishing the PAG, Pinterest decided it no longer wants to be known as a social media platform. It’s in the process of aggressively repositioning itself from a social media platform to a visual search engine. We’ll continue, for now, to include it with the other social media platforms.)

Now that we have a strong idea of how these new Action Guides need to look and act, we’re hoping that the versions for Facebook, Twitter and Instagram can be developed and rolled out more quickly.

We’re working on the Twitter version now. Expect the rest of these AGs to roll out in the next six months, assuming that testing and feedback run smoothly, of course! 🙏 😃
#1388368 by Dee from Cape Cod
Fri Dec 15, 2017 5:21 pm
Yaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyy!!! :D:D:D

Thanks so much to everyone who worked their tails off to give us this amazing new resource! Once again, SiteSell over-delivers!!! :D

Best Regards,

#1388373 by Claude from
Fri Dec 15, 2017 6:51 pm
Great! I opened a Pinterest account back in May - prompted by the growing interest (pun intended :D ) for it in these forums - and in anticipation of the PAG.

Now that it's here, I'll be able to shift into high gear ... without grinding the gears out :lol:

P.S. Ken, glad to hear from you. I was beginning to worry. Your last post dated back to November 15, 2017. Exactly one month ago. That's an unusually long spell of silence for you. Now I know why: you were busy!
#1388379 by Judith from Quarryville
Fri Dec 15, 2017 8:27 pm

Thank you Cath, Erin & everyone else who has been involved in producing this excellent guide!!!

How do I know it is "excellent", because I have seen and experienced the incredible work produced by these amazing people before!!! :D:D:D

I just need self control now to follow my plan and not dive in until I finish a couple of big projects I have on the go. That's the challenge for me, always! :roll::lol:
#1388400 by Mark from Northern Taiwan
Sat Dec 16, 2017 6:49 am
This is great! And I really do look forward to the social media action guides—particularly the FB one.
#1388402 by Mary from Mico
Sat Dec 16, 2017 7:50 am

What Catherine and Marcus said:

Thanks SO much, Cath, Erin, and everyone who has worked so hard on this!

his is great! And I really do look forward to the social media action guides—particularly the FB one.

Thank you Cath, Erin, and all!

#1388403 by Cath, SiteSell Content Team
Sat Dec 16, 2017 8:34 am
Hi all,

Just a word from Erin and I...

The Pinterest Action Guide is now as comprehensive as it's possible to make it given Pinterest's seemingly endless changes. Sometimes, it seemed that they had some way of knowing that we'd just finished writing a section because we'd finish it, only to find within the hour that everything had changed again.

Pinterest is repositioning itself as a visual search engine and shopping platform, which potentially makes it a great place for online businesses to sell. We cover that to the extent we currently can in the final DAY of the PAG and we'll add to it as it develops more.

The changes will slow down as it stabilises. We'll be keeping an eye open in various forums and courses for them, so that you don't have to. When they do come, apart from obviously updating the PAG, we'll tell you here in the forums and note any major changes in SBIX.

Bear in mind, too, that what someone sees in one country may not be the same as what someone based somewhere else sees. It was only partway through editing that we realised what I was seeing in Italy differed from what Erin saw in the States and what Help Elf was seeing in Elfland. So if our screenshots don't appear quite the same for you as in the Guide, don't worry. It's usually because a new development is being rolled out. Wherever possible we've noted in the PAG where things may look different.

A word of thanks to everyone who played an active part in the Take an Interest in Pinterest Challenge here in the forums in the summer. Your support, encouragement, information, experience and willingness to test helped us hugely and the PAG would have been nowhere near as good without it. Your humour also helped us stay more or less sane. We've tried to acknowledge your help wherever possible through the Guide.

And a final word from us to Help Elf: HE did all the formatting, layout, coding and general making the PAG look as professional as it now does. He took our seemingly never-ending edits and wholesale changes in his stride -- and only got grumpy a couple of times. He has learned a lot about Pinterest and all further queries about it should be directed at him. :lol::lol::lol:

If, as you go through the Guide, you have questions please do feel free to leave them in this thread. We'll be keeping an eye open and will do what we can to give answers.

And finally Mike Allton, our Chief Marketing Officer, organised and hosted three really helpful Pinterest webinars with acknowledged Pinterest experts - thank you, Mike - and they're great supplements to the PAG. You'll find them here - give them a "like" and / or a comment if you can:

With Jeff Sieh looking at Pinterest basics is here.

With Alisa Meredith looking at a wide range of questions is here.

With Alisa and Kate Ahl, looking at more advanced Pinterest tactics is here.

And now -- time for a weekend without the PAG. :D

Cath and Erin.
#1388421 by Mary from Mico
Sat Dec 16, 2017 3:51 pm
Thank you Cath!

Very helpful notes, especially putting the webinar links here.

You're an excellent coach and made the Pinterest Challenge a very interesting experience (or eggsperience?).

Have a great weekend and a well deserved rest!

#1388431 by Richard from Spain
Sat Dec 16, 2017 5:47 pm
Thank you to all the SBI staff who worked on this - Pinterest has mystified me, so I'm looking forward to going through the PAG!

#1388442 by Susan from Ash Flat
Sun Dec 17, 2017 12:31 am
Wow, thanks everyone who had a hand in this. I've been waiting for the PAG to come out so I can try to get a toe-hold on Pinterest. Now I can sit down and digest it all bit by bit. I'm really struggling with social media (although if Pinterest is no longer social media maybe I'll do better with it than I thought :lol: ) Excited to know Twitter is next up because I'm pretty much in a holding pattern with that one too. You guys are all amazing. Thank you!!
#1388465 by Claude from
Sun Dec 17, 2017 8:28 pm
ken-admin wrote:So remember: if Pinterest is part of your traffic-building and monetization strategy, as well as “follow the Action Guide,” you need to “follow the Pinterest Action Guide.”

According to my Traffic Stats in Site Central, Pinterest is already 22.7% of my total Referrers!

That's before the PAG was released :shock: I must be doing something right.

Imagine now that I have the PAG to study, follow and bring to bear . . . :shock::lol::mrgreen:

Yet another unfair advantage :wink:

#1388466 by Janice from Creede
Sun Dec 17, 2017 8:42 pm
Thanks Cath, Erin and all who participated in the challenge. It's fantastic to know we now have a go-to place for everything Pinterest. This is going to very helpful