Announcements about Solo Build it!, SBI! for WP, WordPress, and other related news and announcements are posted here. You can either follow the news here, in Site Central, via the SBIX newsletter or in your WordPress dashboard (if using SBI! for WordPress).

Moderator: Debs from SiteSell

#1391163 by ken-admin
Wed Jan 24, 2018 9:46 pm
Help Elf here. I apologize for frustrating you! There was a glitch in the release process yesterday.

I was going to wait until it's officially working, but decided to post to let you know now that it will be out today. The techs are working on the issue.

I'll post here again when it's available to you.

The good news is that you've read the help (right?), so you'll be able to jump right into the deep end!

Help Elf
#1391177 by Wendy C (EelKat) from La Puente
Thu Jan 25, 2018 12:54 am
Okay, I'm back again. Was busy earlier so didn't have time then to check, but anyways... if anyone else has the issue I had, where the text/image block doesn't show up in your BB2dash, just log out, wait a few minutes, and log back in and it'll be there. Apparently because I was already logged in it just loaded the old page, and logging out then logging back in refreshed it and it started showing the new page. So all fixed now on my end. So maybe I was affected by the glitch or maybe not? I don't know.

Anyways, just tried it out and it looks great! I love it.

I esp love that I can edit the image size bigger or small as well.

I'm always putting images in my articles so this is a very useful update for me.
#1391181 by Susan from Ash Flat
Thu Jan 25, 2018 2:32 am
I love this. I've avoided wrapping text around images because the effect was unpredictable depending on screen size and such, now I can try it out. Will make some of my page layouts look better :lol: Thanks SBI!!
#1391191 by Sabine from the Netherlands
Thu Jan 25, 2018 11:13 am

I tried the new text/image block, which could be a good time-saver for me. But right now, it is not functioning at it's best if you ask me, because of these points:

- It automatically shrinks the image to a very small size (150px wide). I think the default should be to display the image at its original size, like in the normal Image block. Or, maybe even better, have us choose a default size to shrink to. For instance to be set in Site Designer? Or have different templates with shrink size, to be used in different situation.

- In Mobile, text is no longer wrapped around the images. Which would be great, if the image was now shown larger (screen width), but it is not.

I hope you can find a better way to handle these issues. It would make this a really useful tool.
#1391207 by Mary from Mico
Thu Jan 25, 2018 4:59 pm
Thank you!

I saw this last month and wondered. It looks as if it could be very useful.

Also, I second Sabine and Patrick wrote. ^^^ It would be good to have those size and mobile bases covered.

#1391255 by Jim from Mount Sibley
Fri Jan 26, 2018 3:59 am
Yep now I can see it in blockbuilder!
Just used it to rebuild one of my ULYO pages and found it easy to use and with much less fiddling to get the layout right.
The image size is a minor glitch, as mentioned by Sabine but it's easy enough to drag the size to the required position.
great addition, and as mentioned probably makes the text block redundant.

Happy Australia day and India day !
#1391266 by Clayton from Coe Hill
Fri Jan 26, 2018 3:01 pm
Sabine from the Netherlands wrote:- In Mobile, text is no longer wrapped around the images. Which would be great, if the image was now shown larger (screen width), but it is not.

Hi Sabine, thanks for trying it out and providing feedback. Can you please contact support with details about this behaviour?

Things that would help us fix this issue ASAP would be:
* A link to a page showing the behaviour
* Details about the mobile device and browser showing the behaviour

Thank you!

PS We are looking into the other issues you mentioned
#1391268 by Mike from Mount Dora, Florida
Fri Jan 26, 2018 3:28 pm
This will be a great feature although I don't see it yet in my Block Builder. I wonder if there is any way to use this feature to work with Google ads, the kind where you insert a code into your text. For example, I use a lot of top left Google Adsense where I wrap the text around a 336x280 ad code. This usually requires me to go back and forth a bit to adjust sentence stucture and length, etc.

Maybe one way would be to use a dummy photo the same size as the ad code, but since the code has to be inserted in a raw HTML block I don't know exactly how this would work.

But it's a very nice feature the way it is (or will be).
#1391271 by Mary from Mico
Fri Jan 26, 2018 4:42 pm
Hi Mike,

Did you see the suggestion above to log out and re-login? I see it in mine right under the Image Block in the left column.

Perhaps you could search text/image to find it on the page? Ctrl F finds it right away in my Site Builder.

I hope this helps.