Announcements about Solo Build it!, SBI! for WP, WordPress, and other related news and announcements are posted here. You can either follow the news here, in Site Central, via the SBIX newsletter or in your WordPress dashboard (if using SBI! for WordPress).

Moderator: Debs from SiteSell

#1391276 by Mike from Mount Dora, Florida
Fri Jan 26, 2018 5:21 pm
Thanks, Mary. I took the advice above to log into site designer than click on save. Now the text/image block shows up on my website. I've already tried it out on editing a couple of my pages and it works great!

Regards, Mike
#1391284 by Suzie from Southview
Fri Jan 26, 2018 7:13 pm
This is great, but the images are tiny? Will this change? I don't want to drag the photos to be bigger as I don't know how it will look at different devices.
#1391287 by Judith from Quarryville
Fri Jan 26, 2018 7:26 pm

Hi Suzy

This is great, but the images are tiny? Will this change? I don't want to drag the photos to be bigger as I don't know how it will look at different devices.

I dragged the one I tried to make it bigger just to see how things looked on my laptop and all was well. I am assuming it would scale to all devices just like it would before with the image block and push the text below the image on a small device.
#1391453 by Lori from Greely
Mon Jan 29, 2018 10:01 am
[quote="Lori"#" class="ss-domain-private-modal-trigger" target="_blank">[Domain Private]"]I can't find this either.[/quot
Working now. Handy Dandy! Thanks!
#1391484 by Robert from Marbella
Mon Jan 29, 2018 8:01 pm
Nice improvement. Thank you!

Also it would be very useful to have some simple blocks to create tables with lines (Microsoft exel style).
Would be very useful for publishing price lists or just some numbers.

Thank you
#1391504 by Nancy from 90% Persistence-10% Inspiration
Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:32 pm
TEXT COUNTER: Even though Google now gives us 275 characters in the description, I still think that we need to put the most important keywords and ideas first. Who knows when Ma Google's going to change it back to something shorter again?

TEXT/IMAGE: I see it. Woo Hoo! I will be using that little gem several times on every page.

Kudos to the SBI development team. Huzzah!
#1391507 by Katherine T from Swindon UK
Mon Jan 29, 2018 10:04 pm
Robert, you can use the Responsive Grid Blocks for tables, or the non-responsive ones if you need the data to stay and not adjust for mobile.

But we can't put the lines in can we around each block? I second Robert's request, but guess, if we are not missing something obvious it should go in wish list!

Many thanks for the new releases!

Katherine x
#1391509 by Bonnie from Boneville
Mon Jan 29, 2018 10:21 pm
Hi Katherine,

I agree with your wish but wanted to mention a work around in the meantime - you can put the blocks inside a container block, and add borders to this. :-)

#1392294 by Roxanne from Greycliff
Sat Feb 10, 2018 4:54 am
There I was... just building a page and caught something out of the corner of my eye. What ??? A text/image block?? I was beyond excited! I'm using it and loving it! Thanks Help Elf!!
#1392552 by Juri from
Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:09 pm

Sorry, this won't be a rave...

As I understand it, the new block is supposed to appear in BlockBuilder as it would do live on the built page. But what you see in BB is not what you are going to get.

In the best case, what you see is the look and feel [and even then, more feel than real look] for the appearance in your current browser, with your current screen resolution and window size.

This should be especially true with responsive templates, as they are designed to adjust to whatever device they are displayed on.

Even with my fixed Content Column width, this is what I see in BlockBuilder in Firefox on Windows [Clear is set to Both, image width to 248px, original image is 480px wide, my Content Column is 520px]:

TextImage BB.png
Text/Image block in BlockBuilder
TextImage BB.png (197.61 KiB) Viewed 90 times

This is what I get previewing the page:

BB Preview.png
Text/Image block in BB preview
BB Preview.png (196.52 KiB) Viewed 90 times

This is how the page will look like on an iPhone 6 Plus in portrait:

TextImage on Mobile.png
Text/Image block on mobile
TextImage on Mobile.png (140.56 KiB) Viewed 90 times

...and in landscape:

TextImage on Mobile landscape.png
Text/image block on mobile in landscape
TextImage on Mobile landscape.png (151.68 KiB) Viewed 90 times

To each her own, but I'll stick to the old "pure" Text and Image blocks, as long as they remain available -- their possible removal is hinted at in the help.

If this removal is to come, I'd strongly consider retaining at least the Text block, since with the new Text/Image, you need to click twice before you can start typing if you don't need an image.

Kind regards,