These might be tech questions - but I'm lost (just for something different).
Today I checked my Google crawler errors and fixed only the ones ending in html, and just marked the other gobbly gook as fixed. I hope that's right. BUT then... I saw my site map was still pending, so I hit re-submit... not sure why its still pending when I did this https change over last Oct step by step (thank you) and I thought all was well. Question #1
What can you tell me about my Google sitemap still pending? Question 2
- I'm getting this Error 456 when I do my broken link check and I don't know how to fix this. When I click on the links on my page it goes through.... and when I Google this it says I have a system error and need to buy a utility fix program for $237 per year????? Please help, computer is only one year old if that, so I don't think it has a system error![Domain Private]
Error 456 on my new sponsored ad page [Domain Private]
- Now, here's what I don't understand... I went to check in BING, sitemap was good but I had these errors blocking my pages getting indexed:
1. Error Count on 56 Pages - High
- The description is too long or too short.
Recommended Action Change the description in the <meta description> tag in the page source to be between 25 and 160 characters in length. Do I need to shorten descriptions to 160 characters? Why does SBI still have 200 if this is the case in the analyzer?
2. Error Count on 75 Pages Moderate - The page is missing meta language information.
Use <meta http-equiv="content-language" content="ll-cc"> tag in the <head> section of your page, where "ll-cc" stands for the culture code of the language and country/region the content applies to. Alternatively use the lang="ll-cc" attribute on either the <html> or the <title> tag . Do I need to put this in my head? I'm in Australian with a US market - how will this effect my stats?
3. Error Count 794 - non-compliant pages 75 - The <img> tag does not have an ALT attribute defined.
Recommended Action Use the <img alt> attribute to write descriptive content for the image: <img source="pic.gif" alt="Accurate and descriptive keyword text that represents the image."</img>. I checked some pages listed here and my alt tag descriptions are all in - so why the error?
I've been having difficulty the whole time getting indexed... so is this a problem? I'm sad to say since 2010 when I set up, I've not known where to look for this information.... Any help is welcome.