Have a question about hosting for WordPress, or about registrars? Need more info about, or having a problem with, Managed WordPress Hosting? Share good or bad experiences. Have any tips or tricks for making life easier with your host? Specifically for SBI! for WP users, this is the place to be!

Moderator: James from Worcester, England

#1393279 by Jeff from dogquotations.com
Sat Feb 24, 2018 11:30 am
Hi Ronald. If you were going to point [Domain Private] to [Domain Private], you would simply use Name Park It to register [Domain Private]. It would automatically redirect to [Domain Private]. But since you want to do the reverse, it's more work.

1. Register [Domain Private] in Name Park It.
2. Go to Move It in Site Central for [Domain Private] and begin the process of moving the site to [Domain Private]. This moves all existing content over to the other domain name. The older name, [Domain Private], then moves to Name Park It and redirects to the new name of the site, [Domain Private].

Be sure to read ALL of the help and ALL of the series of articles in TNT HQ about Move It so that you know what's involved. Then make an informed decision.
#1393346 by Ronald from Wai Tau
Sun Feb 25, 2018 8:48 am
Thanks for your quick reply Jeff, really appreciate it!

Will have a look at all the help and all the articles in TNT HQ about Move It to better understand...really appreciate you directing me to the resources.

I'm quite new to websites and everything... How would I be able to register the new website domain name ([Domain Private])?

Would I need to pay for another SBI subscription, or is there a simpler way to do this :\

As I'm fine with pointing [Domain Private] to [Domain Private], I'll definitely have a more in depth read about Name Park it.