You are not, must not be, an impersonal Wikipedia. Find your PERSONAL Voice and VPP. Sparkle and shine. You are a solopreneur - unique So put YOURself into your writing. Position your niche wisely through a smartly chosen VPP. Establish your unique identity and voice. Do that and you'll build a loyal and dedicated audience. This forum discusses HOW.

Moderator: Carol from East Anglia

#1394911 by Kay from Florida
Fri Mar 23, 2018 9:51 pm
Hi!

I've seen the instructions and videos on voice and vpp, but for some reason it didn't click until now that some of the topics I have been thinking of including on my site are off-topic.

My subject is autism and techniques parents and teachers can use to help autistic children progress and succeed.

A lot of people with autism also have other conditions such as sensory processing disorder, obsessive compulsive disorder, generalized anxiety disorder, depressive disorder.

Also, many with autism find they must be on a gluten free dairy free diet.

I've even already posted 3 pages about sensory processing disorder.

I had planned to include pages on all these subjects and had even thought I would have recipes for parents trying to cope with a difficult-to-implement diet.

But I think it's now obvious that all this may be off-topic.

Am I correct about this? If that's the case, would it appropriate to instead write ebooks on those topics and somehow work that into my site? Or would that also be off-topic?

I'd like to address these issues without having to do separate sites on all these topics.

Thoughts?

Thanks,

Kay
#1394915 by Janice from Creede
Fri Mar 23, 2018 10:45 pm
I don't think those topics are off topic at all. You would need to write them in a way that connects them to autism but that shouldn't be a problem. When people come to your site they are looking for anything that will help them with their child including understanding the disorder as well as practical day to day advice. A parent with a newly diagnosed child may find great relief with your articles as they may answer some of their unspoken questions in a more detailed fashion. I would suspect that your readership, parents, in particular, will read much of what you write so these topics that you call off-topic won't seem like they are off topic at all. Many teachers will be looking for tips for dealing with classroom issues.

Good luck with your site. Sounds like an interesting topic.
#1394935 by Cath, SiteSell Content Team
Sat Mar 24, 2018 8:37 am
Hi Kay,

I second what Janice says. When you're deciding on topics and when you're writing, always think of your ideal site visitor first - the persona you will have built up in DAY 4 of the Action Guide.

Will what you're about to write help that person? Are you answering a question they have, or giving a potential solution to a problem? I see from your "About" page that this is a situation you've experienced yourself. Think back to what you needed to know that you couldn't find, or problems you had that you had no idea how to deal with.

If your site visitor and her / his needs is always kept at the forefront of your mind, you won't go far wrong.

Cath.