This forum covers anything and everything else related to WordPress. Don't like the latest release? Or love it? Having problems with menus or widgets? Wondering about all of the Settings options? Trying to sort out all the post types? Share great how-to and other articles with other SBI! for WP users. DAY 6 means WordPress setup, creating pages/posts -- questions? If it's about WordPress and if it doesn't fit in the above 2 forums, this is the spot.

Moderator: James from Worcester, England

#1380277 by Major from Stone
Thu Aug 31, 2017 3:46 pm
Mods, please move the post as you see fit (and then delete this line if you want).

I'd like a link to read the article or see the video that clarifies things for SBI for WP like:
-do we register just one domain name with SBI?
-2 domains linked? (second domain where?)
-is a subdomain involved?
-is Infin it! a must?
-will pages be build in BB2 or wordpress?
-is SBI for WP nothing more than a stripped down version of SBI, while all content building is in wordpress?
-etc.

Thank you.
Mark
Last edited by Debs from SiteSell on Thu Aug 31, 2017 4:25 pm, edited 1 time in total. Reason: Moved from Introduce Yourself to here.
#1380282 by Debs from SiteSell
Thu Aug 31, 2017 4:32 pm
Hi Mark,

You don't register any domain with SBI! when you have SBI! for WP while using WordPress. You use your own registrar.

Don't know what you mean about 2 domains linked, could you explain?

What do you mean about using a subdomain?

You can't use Infin It! with SBI! for WP as you wouldn't have an SBI! account. However you would use it if you have an SBI! site and want to connect a WordPress account to become a part of your SBI! site. In the latter case, your WP site would become a subdomain of your SBI! site. However anything you need to do on your WordPress site would have to be done via your hosting account for the WP site.

SBI! for WP is a plugin for WordPress, it includes Brainstorm It!, the MKL, Action Guide for WP, HQs, and Forums.

You do all pages/posts, RSS, webmail/email, newsletters, design, etc. in WordPress or via other plugins you may be using. You also have to do your own backups and updates. SiteSell does not host your WordPress site either, you need to get your own host.

I hope this helps clarify.

All my best,

Debs
#1380286 by Major from Stone
Thu Aug 31, 2017 4:55 pm
Thanks Debs. You did clarify some things for me. You seem to be everywhere SBIers need an answer and I appreciate that.

Anyway, I thought there's a link somewhere to a very detailed 20k words, Ken style article :idea: , that helps people with some SBI knowledge but no clue about SBI for WP. If such article exists or comes along, please post a link here.

Thank you.
Mark