Everything the solopreneur could possibly want to know about BOTH basic newsletters and email marketing (ex., publishing frequency, strategies, tips and growing your list to PREsell and do some basic monetization) AND if/how/when to bridge to more advanced systems and turn this PREselling channel into a strong monetization model for solopreneurs. This Solo Build It! forum is "all things email marketing."

Moderator: Harvey from Woodbridge

#1358400 by Greg from Pokolbin
Tue Nov 15, 2016 7:38 am
Hi,

I am using the SBI sign up form.
Connected the MailChimp API at Connected Services and it all seems OK.
Uploaded my MOM email list to MailChimp and it is OK.
Made a few changes to my Thank You page.
Set up a "final welcome email" on MailChimp

I am trying to test the system and when I enter an email into the sign up box it comes back with ...
"Subscription Failed
This is not a valid e-mail address. Please hit the BACK BUTTON on your browser and try again."
Here is my sign up page ..
[Domain Private]

Any ideas what I have done wrong ?
#1358405 by Cath, SiteSell Content Team
Tue Nov 15, 2016 9:05 am
I tried to sign up in case the problem was specific to you, Greg, and I got the same message. I have no idea what might be going wrong, though - I'm not technically minded enough, sorry. :? May be time to contact Support?
#1358455 by Jeff from dogquotations.com
Tue Nov 15, 2016 10:24 pm
Hi Greg.

It could be a problem at MC, or it could be a problem at SBI's end. Contact MC first and see if anything is going on over there. If they tell you that things are good there, contact SiteSell Support with the details. MC may have changed something that affects the integration.
#1358508 by Carole from the-best-websites.co.uk
Wed Nov 16, 2016 4:32 pm
Hi Greg,
I signed up without any issues ...

Cheers,
Carole.
#1370745 by Karen from Montfort
Tue May 09, 2017 6:56 pm
Hello,

I know this thread is old but Greg, if you are still out there... could you elaborate on "reimporting your customer list"? I'm having the same problem... basically I messed something up over at MailChimp deleting my original list of subscribers I had imported. To begin a new list, I wanted to test that my ezine signup on my site was working well, so I signed up using my own email address. I got the error message saying "This is not a valid email". I can't figure out what this means.

Thanks,
Karen
#1370766 by Greg from Pokolbin
Wed May 10, 2017 1:00 am
As I said above I just reimported my customer ist ... followed exactly the same instructions ?????
Pretty sure I deleted the list from MailChimp first
I think I may have switched to the Mail Chimp sign up form too.

FYI .. I am not using MailChimp ... they blocked my first email saying it was inappropriate content ???
Made no sense as I sell sales books and sales coaching ... I could not get an explanation from them so I dropped them and went to MailerLite

Greg
#1372840 by Karen from Montfort
Fri Jun 02, 2017 8:25 pm
Thanks Greg for your advice, what you said worked.

To be super detailed, (in case this happens to someone else) this is step by step what I did:

If you delete your subscriber list in MailChimp - the signup form for your newsletters on your website will give back an error message saying "Subscription Failed. This is not a valid e-mail address. Please hit the BACK BUTTON on your browser and try again".

To fix this, go back to MailChimp and create a list and or re-import some emails. Even if it is just one email address in the list that is fine. Then, go back to SiteBuilder and open up any of your pages to edit. The email signup form will probably be in a sitewide dot - so delete your old sign up form and then add a new sign up form, choosing MailChimp. Mailchimp will ask you to choose your list. Then rebuild your page. Doing this step helps reset everything so the error goes away.