Everything the solopreneur could possibly want to know about BOTH basic newsletters and email marketing (ex., publishing frequency, strategies, tips and growing your list to PREsell and do some basic monetization) AND if/how/when to bridge to more advanced systems and turn this PREselling channel into a strong monetization model for solopreneurs. This Solo Build It! forum is "all things email marketing."

Moderator: Harvey from Woodbridge

#1373388 by Della from Reyno
Fri Jun 09, 2017 7:54 pm
I am ready to pull out my hair. :? I just created a new ebook and I wanted to test the opt-in newsletter form since I made changes to the layout of the page to reflect the new ebook. I tested 4 different email addresses - 2 on my home page and 2 on my opt-in page. It has been over 2 hours and I only received a confirmation email on one of them. (No, they aren't in spam folders.) I can understand waiting 30 minutes or so for a confirmation email, but more than 2 hours?????? People might forget that they subscribed.

I had Laura from SBI support test the opt-in forms and she told me that everything worked fine. I don't know why I am having such a hard time and I don't want to really promote my new ebook until I know that everything works correctly.

For those of you who use Mailchimp, does the system work more smoothly and timely? When people opt-in for the ebook, do they get the email message with the info quickly?

I appreciate your input.

Thanks.

Della
[Domain Private]
#1373389 by Debs from SiteSell
Fri Jun 09, 2017 8:05 pm
Hi Della,

Sometimes ISPs (internet service providers) will filter emails before they ever get to your email client. Those filtered emails are ones you won't see. Whitelist the email address you are sending from at your other email accounts and see if that helps. If not, do check with your ISPs to see if they can whitelist them.

Gmail sometimes filters emails to folders unexpectedly too, so watch for that.

It isn't MoM that does this, so please don't blame "her" :) It will happen at times with any service you might use.

All my best,

Debs
#1373394 by Della from Reyno
Fri Jun 09, 2017 8:19 pm
Thanks Debs. I'm actually glad its not MOM because I really didn't want to have to convert to another system.

Della