Everything the solopreneur could possibly want to know about BOTH basic newsletters and email marketing (ex., publishing frequency, strategies, tips and growing your list to PREsell and do some basic monetization) AND if/how/when to bridge to more advanced systems and turn this PREselling channel into a strong monetization model for solopreneurs. This Solo Build It! forum is "all things email marketing."

Moderator: Harvey from Woodbridge

#1383153 by Kate from Conception Junction
Thu Oct 05, 2017 4:43 pm
My readers are older so I have always increased the size of text in my newsletters. I just went to do October
newsletter but the button that used to be with Edit Look and Feell allowed me to INCRESE text size to 14 pt seems to be gone. ??????

Help, please. Did I miss something? How can I increase the size of text in my newsletter to 14pt or 15pt?
Thank you

Kate
[Domain Private]
[Domain Private]
#1383168 by Jacki from Macleod
Thu Oct 05, 2017 10:44 pm
This is in MOM? In Page Manager you have the option of editing those pages, I'll bet you can find a way to make it bigger there, or in Site Designer, just make all the font bigger across your site. If your default size is okay on your site, the size on your email will be too.
#1383182 by Kate from Conception Junction
Fri Oct 06, 2017 1:06 am
There is something I am not getting. I used to be able to increase the size of text in my newsletter (from 12pt to 14 or 15 pt) .but that option does not seem to be there anymore. I go to Mailbuilder and the text size is uniform 12pt. I used to be able to increase or decrease it eg. from 12pt to 14pt or larger.

I have alwys kept the defautl size (12pt) for the Osteopenia newsletter but increased the size of the text in the Anti-Aging Articles newsletter.(14pt) Why? Many readers of that newsletter are older and prefer a larger font.

I can not seem to increase the size to 14pt. How do I increase the size of text in newsletters in the new system?
Thanks
Kate
[Domain Private]
[Domain Private]
#1383188 by Jacki from Macleod
Fri Oct 06, 2017 2:40 am
What is your default size of font in Site Designer? Does this transfer over?
#1383211 by Kate from Conception Junction
Fri Oct 06, 2017 1:29 pm
Text size in Site Designer is 15 for this web site...so no, it is not translating over. If it did, I would be glad.
Kate
#1383223 by Debs from SiteSell
Fri Oct 06, 2017 3:01 pm
Try putting in CSS for the newsletter and see if that works (it should), paste it into a block, as close to the top as possible. Maybe in its own block so it stays there.

<style>
body {font-size:14px;}
p {font-size:14px;}
</style>

The font size change should not carry over to your other newsletter.

Debs
#1383236 by Kate from Conception Junction
Fri Oct 06, 2017 4:31 pm
Deb,

I appreciate your answering but I have NO idea what your answer means.
I have been with SBI for years and I do not know what CSS is or how to 'pull it in'....
I can write html but that is about it.
I just scrolled through the SBI resources page but do not see CSS on the list.

If you can help me out, I would be glad.
I find it hard to believe that SBI would eliminate the abiity to send newsletters to our list
but that function appears missing from my sbi working area.

Thanks in advance for any help with this.
Kate

I
#1383260 by Debs from SiteSell
Fri Oct 06, 2017 9:05 pm
All you need to do is copy and paste the CSS code into a block in your newsletter template. It should take care of any paragraphs within your newsletter. Then test it to see if it changes the font for you.

If it does, great. If not, please come back and we will try other things. I don't remember any font tool in the newsletter; but I haven't done one in almost a year as I sold my site, so I don't know if it had a font tool after that. I'm just trying to help you get it set up so it works for you now.

All my best,

Debs
#1383312 by Kate from Conception Junction
Sat Oct 07, 2017 3:06 pm
Deb,

thanks for your attempt to help but as I said before I do not know what CSS code is....Oh, I know it means Cascading Style Sheets but I do not know what that is...or where I can find them or how to use them so I can not follow these suggestions.

Kate
#1383316 by Debs from SiteSell
Sat Oct 07, 2017 4:09 pm
All you need to do is copy the following code:

<style>
body {font-size:14px;}
p {font-size:14px;}
</style>

And paste into a regular block in your newsletter (where you actually create the newsletter). That should do it.

You can change the '14' above to any number, larger or smaller, to change the font-size to what you want.

You don't have to know more than that if you don't want to. Just try it out ;)

Debs
#1383329 by Kate from Conception Junction
Sat Oct 07, 2017 6:03 pm
Thank you...thank you...thank you.

Kate