Everything the solopreneur could possibly want to know about BOTH basic newsletters and email marketing (ex., publishing frequency, strategies, tips and growing your list to PREsell and do some basic monetization) AND if/how/when to bridge to more advanced systems and turn this PREselling channel into a strong monetization model for solopreneurs. This Solo Build It! forum is "all things email marketing."

Moderator: Harvey from Woodbridge

33% OFF The World’s Most Effective Web Business-Builder - Solo Build It!
#1386139 by Saima from Queenstown
Fri Nov 10, 2017 10:20 pm
Hello,
I just added a newsletter subscription box to a sitewide dot in the extra nav column of my website but I can see no option to add a disclaimer type text at the bottom like I've seen on other websites where it says that the email address will be used to only send this newsletter and for no other purpose. How can I add this text in the subscription box itself?
Thanks a lot,
Saima
#1386195 by Saima from Queenstown
Sat Nov 11, 2017 9:17 pm
Hi Cheryl,
Thanks for your reply. Actually, I did think of adding what I wanted to say in a text box below the subscribe box, but when I did it, I realized that it just does not look as professional as having it inside the subscribe box, and it takes up a lot of space besides. I have seen the disclaimer text inside the subscribe box in many SBI sites. An example would be Nori's site, Anguilla Beaches. How did she or for that matter anyone else do it? Does it involve coding?

Saima
#1386210 by Support Admin from SiteSell.com
Sun Nov 12, 2017 12:15 am
The text used to be within the form by default. What you see on [Domain Private]
is code for that older newsletter opt in form on an uploaded page. Many SBIers wanted
to customize or get rid of that text altogether in the past. I'm sure this is why the
default text was removed, so you can add your own text.

You can customize the text in the Text Block to reduce the font, change wording, etc.
Here's a screenshot of an example of something with a smaller font, different
wording...

https://www.screencast.com/t/IbjU3QdZ3Nmo

Personally, I don't think it looks odd.

You can create a form that contains it within the form, but that would require HTML
code in a RAW HTML Block. I cannot assist with that. Perhaps someone else will offer
some help in that area, if you prefer. :-)
#1386213 by Saima from Queenstown
Sun Nov 12, 2017 1:09 am
Oh, so it's no longer available by default. I do wonder why anyone would want to get rid of it though. It seems to me to be a necessary piece of reassurance from someone who's requesting this info. I would personally feel much better if I knew that my email will not be passed on to Tom, Dick or Harry!
Anyhow, I guess I'll have to go with your suggestion of writing it in a text box and making the font small. Thanks so much for the screencast and your reply, Cheryl!
Saima