Everything the solopreneur could possibly want to know about BOTH basic newsletters and email marketing (ex., publishing frequency, strategies, tips and growing your list to PREsell and do some basic monetization) AND if/how/when to bridge to more advanced systems and turn this PREselling channel into a strong monetization model for solopreneurs. This Solo Build It! forum is "all things email marketing."

Moderator: Harvey from Woodbridge

#1387885 by Wendy C (EelKat) from La Puente
Thu Dec 07, 2017 1:27 pm
I don't do a newsletter, so I'm not sure what I would do. I know whenever someone asks this question they always get a wide range f answers, with some people saying to do it right from the start, and others saying wait til 1,000 views a month, and others saying to wait 2 or 3 years and others saying wait until you have 10,000 views a month...

It just seems like everyone has a different view on it, and it seems to also be affected by your topic as well.
#1387904 by Debs from SiteSell
Thu Dec 07, 2017 5:27 pm
You want to get subscribers? Do it from the start; create a dedicated sales page for your newsletter too! Then do at least monthly, if not more often, newsletters as if you have a big list from the start. It all helps to build your credibility and get you subscribers. It also helps you to create a habit that will help to sustain your online business.

Debs
#1387907 by Jill from Westbury
Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:01 pm
I agree with Debs. Start it right away and work through the bugs of starting a newsletter when you have a smaller list. As your list grows, you will learn how to engage your subscribers and get more of them to your site.

Jill
#1387952 by Debs from SiteSell
Fri Dec 08, 2017 1:03 pm
Get the signup box and dedicated sales page up now. The sales page should be more salesy vs preselling but you tie that in too. What is it you WANT to offer via your newsletter? From that list, pull bullet points for your "benefits" list on your sales page.

Draft a newsletter or two in Word or other text document so you get a feel for what you want to do. Initially don't send out too frequently; once a month while you are building the first group of pages. Once you have 20 pages, send your first newsletter out, and keep to a regular monthly schedule until you are ready to ramp it up; then bimonthly and eventually weekly newsletters.

All this time you are adding content to your site. Feature new pages in your newsletter, popular news items relating to your niche, and a good juicy bit of content if you can.

Make it worthwhile for others to sign up. Maybe offer a free ebook, tip sheet or something as a freebie if they sign up too.

Just a few ideas ;)

Debs