Everything the solopreneur could possibly want to know about BOTH basic newsletters and email marketing (ex., publishing frequency, strategies, tips and growing your list to PREsell and do some basic monetization) AND if/how/when to bridge to more advanced systems and turn this PREselling channel into a strong monetization model for solopreneurs. This Solo Build It! forum is "all things email marketing."

Moderator: Harvey from Woodbridge

#1390084 by Saima from Queenstown
Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:43 pm
Hi,
Is anyone using MailerLite as their email service provider? IF yes, how is your experience with it? Like Mailchimp, it's free for the first 1000 subscribers and very easy to use, or so I've heard. And also, Is it even possible to integrate it with SBI?

Thanks,
Saima
#1390102 by Christine from Elliottville
Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:22 pm
Funnily enough I am switching my current lists from Mailchimp to Mailerlite. This is after reading a huge number of glowing recommendations from another group I am in. It seems that - unless you need really sophisticated features - Mailerlite offers the same as Mailchimp, but at far less cost. It also offers a couple of features that Mailchimp doesn't have. I don't know about integration with SBI but it is easy to use a 3rd party provider for emails and to place their sign up forms on an SBI site.
#1390150 by Saima from Queenstown
Sat Jan 13, 2018 4:06 am
Yes, I was told about MailerLite in a Facebook group too. I don't have a list size worth speaking about yet (I have a grand total of 8 people on my email list and half of those are my family!) but I want to start right. I just hope MailerLite will be a good fit. Thanks for your input, Christine.
#1390154 by Nancy from 90% Persistence-10% Inspiration
Sat Jan 13, 2018 5:03 am
I switched back to MailChimp. I was concerned about email deliverability rates. MailChimp has very high rates.

Like it or not an ISP would rather NOT deliver your commercial emails. The chances of an ISPs customers complaining about unwanted or dangerous emails are MUCH greater than the same customers grousing about not receiving an email that they forgot they signed up for.

MailChimp is the King Kong of commercial emailing services. It is trusted by ISPs because it has a reputation for kicking off shady emailers who don't follow their rules.
#1390156 by Saima from Queenstown
Sat Jan 13, 2018 6:05 am
Oh, it's all so confusing! Anyway I just discovered that MailerLite does not integrate with LeadPages which is what I was wanting to get for my sign-up forms and landing pages. Thanks, Nancy.
#1390159 by Nancy from 90% Persistence-10% Inspiration
Sat Jan 13, 2018 7:48 am
Saima, it IS confusing. I like MailerLite very much, particularly the way that they handle automatically resending emails to people who haven't opened them. Much easier to implement than on MailChimp. <<sigh>>

Whichever company you decide to go with, always strive to make the email relevant to the person that you're sending it to.I recently read an article that said that ISPs are starting to measure opens and engagement to determine whether to show your emails in the in-box or in spam.

The days of getting an email list and then just throwing offers at them are OVER.
#1390174 by Mark from Northern Taiwan
Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:31 pm
Lots of people rave about mailerlite, but I still use mail chimp. As was said in the thread, none of them are perfect.