Everything the solopreneur could possibly want to know about BOTH basic newsletters and email marketing (ex., publishing frequency, strategies, tips and growing your list to PREsell and do some basic monetization) AND if/how/when to bridge to more advanced systems and turn this PREselling channel into a strong monetization model for solopreneurs. This Solo Build It! forum is "all things email marketing."

Moderator: Harvey from Woodbridge

#1394148 by Holly from Rainbow Flat
Sun Mar 11, 2018 4:31 am

I have a quite a few people signing into my MOM without their first names, even though I have it marked as required in FBI and assumed required for ezine (auto in MOM)... Does anyone know the code to use in the email salutation instead of this one?

I used Mike Alton's code in MailChimp he called something like - if this then that name code for emails:
*|IF:FNAME|*Hello *|TITLE:FNAME|*,*|ELSE:|*Hello!*|END:IF|*

But it doesn't' work in MOM.

I'd like it to stop looking like this:

salutation-code-for-sbi-mom.PNG (52.53 KiB) Viewed 149 times

Any help appreciated!
#1394272 by Holly from Rainbow Flat
Mon Mar 12, 2018 11:55 pm
Thanks Debs,

I just realized that the MOM signup is email only and no first name.... so now everyone is seeing To,,

How upsetting. I'll have to remove the salutation as I have first names from all my FBI forms....

Is there no if this, then that code I could use instead? I prefer to use the first name to make my emails more personalized.

I guess I could just put Hello! but that's so impersonal. What do you recommend?
#1394366 by Holly from Rainbow Flat
Thu Mar 15, 2018 12:11 am
Duh! Thanks Debs, not sure why I didn't think of that!!!!

And it will keep the comma from appearing twice too.... I just went and deleted the salutations... so nothing appears. I will change it back in the next newsletter.

Thanks Debs...