You've made wishes, you've supported the wishes of others in the Wish List forum ... and now you get to see the wishes granted so far ... more to come!

Moderator: Antoinette from Bedford

Read Only
#1334428 by Tobias & Stephanie from Hardyville
Wed Sep 30, 2015 2:43 pm
I love QPI. As someone who uploads their own html, it's essential to preview my page before I upload it.

The problem is that more and more browsers are incompatible with Quick Preview It these days. I used to use it with Chrome, but now Chrome discontinued support for Java. Firefox has a weird bug (on mac) that means that QPI doesn't work. So, I've been using Opera. But I just got a notice from Opera that they're going to discontinue support for Java in the near future. When that happens, I'm not sure what I'm going to do.

So, I'd love it if there could be a new version of QPI that's compatible with modern browsers, especially Chrome.

Tobias

**Ken announced an update is imminent: http://forums.sitesell.com/viewtopic.php?f=57&t=218032#p1366891 **
Last edited by Deb from barkinista.com on Thu Mar 16, 2017 5:45 pm, edited 1 time in total. Reason: Added status note.
#1338282 by Denis from Turtleford
Tue Dec 08, 2015 6:44 am
Hi Tobias,

I have the same problem and one of the long way around this problem is to actually upload your page and use the preview button instead of building the page. When i tested it it worked find but even though it said it uploaded the page it actually did not, but you can still preview with all of the includes done, as long as you re-upload them using quick upload or re-upload them in one of the previous screen in the upload process. Then if you are not happy with the preview just back out of it. I just close the page!

I do still agree with you, quick preview needs to get fixed!

Denis
#1338295 by David from Gowanda
Tue Dec 08, 2015 1:39 pm
Denis from Turtleford wrote:I have the same problem and one of the long way around this problem is to actually upload your page and use the preview button instead of building the page. When i tested it it worked find but even though it said it uploaded the page it actually did not, but you can still preview with all of the includes done, as long as you re-upload them using quick upload or re-upload them in one of the previous screen in the upload process. Then if you are not happy with the preview just back out of it. I just close the page!

Hi Denis,

I presume that by this you mean that you upload your page source using the full Upload Your Own HTML process (as opposed to Quick Upload It!) but don't actually 'build' the page.

Your source is actually uploaded, but not 'saved' until you click the Build It! button.

Regards,
#1338305 by Tobias & Stephanie from Hardyville
Tue Dec 08, 2015 3:18 pm
Denis, that's an interesting workaround. I'd never thought of doing that. I guess the other way would be to make the page "noindex" and quick upload it, then remove the "noindex" when I'm happy with it. It's just slow compared to quick preview it though.

Tobias
#1338342 by Denis from Turtleford
Wed Dec 09, 2015 4:22 am
Hi David,

You explained it much better than I did! Yes that is exactly what I meant.

Hi Tobias,

Yes that would work as well and probably would be faster than my way especially if no includes needs to be uploaded in between different versions.

Denis
#1338346 by Mary from Mico
Wed Dec 09, 2015 6:06 am
This has my support.

I remember the days of using UYOH and may need to use it again in the future.

Thank you for posting.

Mary
#1366813 by Tobias & Stephanie from Hardyville
Tue Mar 14, 2017 4:29 pm
This is getting urgent. More and more browsers are dropping support for Java. Firefox 52 (March 2017) has dropped support for the Java plugin. Now I'm using Firefox 45 ESR (extended support) so that I keep can keep using QPI, but that's only going to be supported for another few months.

Please can someone from SBI fill us in on what the plans are for QPI? If there are no plans to maintain it then I'd like to start looking into alternatives.

Tobias
#1366832 by Antoinette from Bedford
Tue Mar 14, 2017 9:16 pm
I've also had to look for alternatives because Firefox dropped Java - no use putting off the inevitable with a work-around.

I support this wish.

All the best,
🐜
#1366891 by ken-admin
Wed Mar 15, 2017 7:32 pm
Hi to all QPI lovers,

When I was helping Nori with her Web pages, I used QPI! a lot, so I understand the passion for it - I'm a compulsive previewer (refresh-refresh-refresh. Anyway...

I just got out of our dev meeting - and good news! 📰

We expect to be able to release this within 2 weeks. It's going to take some doing, but we'll be able to make it work in a way that is browser-INDEPENDENT. You'll still preview it in your browser, of course. It's just that it won't matter which browser you are using.

If you don't have Java installed on your computer yet, please do so. Or wait for the help when we release it, which will tell you how to do that.

All the best,
Ken

P.S. While Java is on its way out in browser-land, there's a ton of software out there that uses it. So we expect this to be a permanent fix. Well, 10 years at least. :-)
#1366952 by Tobias & Stephanie from Hardyville
Thu Mar 16, 2017 11:31 am
Hi Ken,

That's great news! QPI is just so useful :-) Massively speeds up our work flow.

Tobias
#1367020 by Anton from Devon
Fri Mar 17, 2017 12:09 am
Woohoo! I'm glad to hear there is a fix in the works. I just had to downgrade my Firefox to 51.0b9. I'll wait it out with this version until the new QPI! is available. 8)
#1368050 by Antoinette from Bedford
Wed Mar 29, 2017 8:35 pm
Just love it when a wish is a wish no more.

Moving it to the "Granted" forum :D

All the best,
Antoinette (as mod)
#1368191 by ken-admin
Sat Apr 01, 2017 1:32 am
Just a little housekeeping...

In case you didn't see it, I can lock this now because QPI has relaunched, a complete re-do that frees it from those pesky browsers that were starting to refuse Java.

Info announced at...

http://forums.sitesell.com/viewtopic.php?f=136&t=222214

(Along with another little goodie). :)

All the best,
Ken

P.S. I'll be watching for comments over in the new threads, as will H.E.