You've made wishes, you've supported the wishes of others in the Wish List forum ... and now you get to see the wishes granted so far ... more to come!

Moderator: Antoinette from Bedford

#1360383 by Mary from old-fashion-recipe.com
Tue Dec 13, 2016 10:41 am
I would like a word counter in Analyze It!, too. I want to edit my pages to a minimum of 500 words. I believe a 500 words minimum would provide a better experience for my visitors and help my bounce rate. The free ones I have used online haven't provided the accuracy I want.

Thank you.

MaryO
#1365279 by Claude from hamradiosecrets.com
Sat Feb 18, 2017 9:35 pm
I wish Analyze It! would give me the word count when I check a page that I am building.

I am in the process of merging a few of my pages together (as suggested by SoloHack #039) and I am targeting a word count (of solid content - no fluff) between 2250 and 2500 for some of my newly expanded pages.

A word count would help my aim. :wink:

Claude

*** Claude, I added your wish to this existing thread. All the best, Antoinette as moderator. ***
Last edited by Antoinette from Bedford on Sun Feb 19, 2017 7:02 am, edited 1 time in total. Reason: Added note re merging.
#1365284 by Mary from old-fashion-recipe.com
Sat Feb 18, 2017 10:27 pm
I support that wish. It's my greatest wish in these forums. Thought I had made it already, but guess I forgot it. Other word counts out there are not accurate. It definitely would be helpful and convenient.

Thanks Claude for starting this wish!

MaryO
#1369662 by Mary from Mico
Mon Apr 24, 2017 5:11 pm
This has my support as well.

I'd like the word count to show even if I have enough words. If not in Analyze It, perhaps on the tool bar?

'Hoping this is a teensy-weensy.

Mary
#1380732 by Antoinette from Bedford
Thu Sep 07, 2017 12:58 pm
Mary from Mico wrote:I'd like the word count to show even if I have enough words. If not in Analyze It, perhaps on the tool bar?

Imminent in BlockBuilder :D

From the Ever so Helpful Elf:

BlockBuilder now has a word counter. So you don't have to depend on Analyze It! to tell you if you have enough words in your content.

You'll see the word count number right next to the file name in the top left of the BlockBuilder tool page. The count will always start at 6, as that's the total number of words (and ...) in the H1 Headline Block and the pre-entered Text Block.

Every word you type will increase the count by 1.

Yes, it's that elegant.

To make room for the counter, we did a bit of a redesign of the buttons at the top of the page. You'll notice that they're shorter and closer together. Now long file names won't overlap the word Device like they used to.

https://forums.sitesell.com/viewtopic.php?f=136&t=223651

All the best,
Antoinette
#1380916 by Mary from Mico
Sun Sep 10, 2017 12:19 am
Yea Help Elf!

This will really help satisfy my curiosity and stop my use of Word's counter.

Mary