Discuss 80-20 strategies for building quality, free traffic. Share your best "keep it real" traffic-building ideas, thoughts, strategies. Google changes, SE best practices, outbound links, etc. are all topics we discuss here. Search traffic will always be one of the bedrocks of site traffic - join these rousing solopreneur discussions! Or ask whatever may be puzzling you!

Moderator: Sheri from Uneeda

#1365209 by Bernard from retirementgazette.com
Fri Feb 17, 2017 11:50 am
Since Nov 2016, I have been adding at least two pages each week to http://www.practical-retirement-planning.com however Google Analytics advise that my genuine interactions have been drifting south, and now average only ten per day. The maximum was 56 - after I sent an email to my data base.

I now have published 129 pages however only five are better than the "ranked above 30" figure, and 29 have yet to be ranked at all.

One of my questions is - naturally - when can I expect to see positive vibes from the serach engines?

Another question is - how can I use social media to draw attention to my site?

A third question is - I made my first two sales during January. Both were to Australia. Now I am in Australia myself, however I write about gracious and interesting lifestyles in retirement - principally for the American market. I am concerned that my pages aren't seen by that targert audience - however I know from Google Analytics that I do have a worldwide reach. But two sales to one country (where I am based) is just too much of a coincidence, so I am concerned.

And finally (fourth question) does the inclusion of "retirement planning" in the name of my URL skew searches away from my retirement lifestyle pages. My concern here is that "retirement planning" has come to mean a focus on personal finance, which I didn't realise when I selected the name for my URL. If this is a problem, what is the best fix?

Thanks - in advance - for your comments

Bernard Kelly
Geelong, Australia
#1365242 by Jacki from Macleod
Sat Feb 18, 2017 1:23 am
You haven't said where you're actively promoting, if at all. At the very least, I would start a Pinterest board for the site, and pin every picture from the site to that board. Then make another board for that same topic, only this time, pin other peoples stuff. Get active on one or the other social media, either Twitter, Facebook or Pinterest. Concentrate on that. Re-evaluate in a few weeks.
#1365259 by Bernard from retirementgazette.com
Sat Feb 18, 2017 11:38 am
thanks Jackie -

"actively promoting" is obviously where I have been lacking.

I have been totally ignorant of all that

cheers

Bernard
#1365267 by Jacki from Macleod
Sat Feb 18, 2017 4:13 pm
It's all about building trust, and developing your community. It doesn't need to be huge, but it's so important to have some people who are doing the heavy lifting for you.
#1365426 by Debs from SiteSell
Tue Feb 21, 2017 7:50 pm
There are a series of articles in Tips etc HQ; go over and search on "Social" there are tutorials for all of them I think.

You will also find some social webinar recordings here (free!) produced by SiteSell Pros: http://pros.sitesell.com/Webinars/FreeW ... dings.html

In Day 7 you start with building traffic, Day 8 is about relationships. Social is important to
both of these Days.

Debs